RT Turbo?

gregv88

Reaction score
If anyone is serious I have a Carbon Fibre RT chassis that glengine put back to stock last season as I have moved on to a different project. I have the Aerocharger 66 setup for it as an option. PM me if interested.

Shankster

Reaction score
couple of guys on snowest do rt turbos... one will only use garret and carbs...

Aerochargers are the only way to go! Minimal lines, it;s own oil reservoir, just a good clean set up!! The aerocharger is making boost at idle which equals no lag off the line:))):d Personally the Aero is a way cleaner setup, unless you want to drive a tractor!!

Shankster

Reaction score
Hey Shankster, PM me with your phone number. I am in Sylvan as well and would like to go over what you have done and the challenges you have had. I need boost.

Give me a call 403-872-9696. Putting minds together is always a good thing!!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the RT engine pulled out and split down on the bench. Cant beleive it was still running. My 1100 kit is trashed, dropped a skirt some time last trip to Mcbride last season, and it actually broke out all the intake ports and kept running to get me home.
So going back the factory 1000 topend, and installing a turbo performance single 66 aerocharger kit. Waiting on the new doo pistons and base gasket to show up. Crank seems to still be in good shape.

Have any of you guys had problems with the pto side back engine mount breaking? I have had two seperate RTs now with about 7000 kilometers combined and have now broke three of these mounts, the first two pulled the rubber pad apart, and this last one pulled out the threads were the engine mount connects to the bulkhead.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats possible I guess, hasn't been hard on belts though and would have been over torqued by BRP on at least one of the failures. There isnt alot of room for alignment on these RT engines the way they mount.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
thats possible i guess, hasn't been hard on belts though and would have been over torqued by brp on at least one of the failures. There isnt alot of room for alignment on these rt engines the way they mount.

i know....... That's why it's strange...... I could see the over torque as a possibility, or maybe the freeplay adjuster isn't tight enough and the engine is twisting too much?

Shankster

Reaction score
Got the RT engine pulled out and split down on the bench. Cant beleive it was still running. My 1100 kit is trashed, dropped a skirt some time last trip to Mcbride last season, and it actually broke out all the intake ports and kept running to get me home.
So going back the factory 1000 topend, and installing a turbo performance single 66 aerocharger kit. Waiting on the new doo pistons and base gasket to show up. Crank seems to still be in good shape.

Have any of you guys had problems with the pto side back engine mount breaking? I have had two seperate RTs now with about 7000 kilometers combined and have now broke three of these mounts, the first two pulled the rubber pad apart, and this last one pulled out the threads were the engine mount connects to the bulkhead.

I have not had any problems with the mounts on mine either! I have the Turbo performance kit 66 kit on mine, with the Attitude controller and it really is a great kit, and by the sounds of it, it is the best one for the RT! I did run into some problems last year, trying to pull a wrecked RX1 out of Mcbride, on a hot day and i melted a piston out of it! Since, I have installed A/R gauge, to rule out the chance of running lean if that was part of the meltdown. All I know for sure, is when that thing spools, you'd best be holding on!!

Shankster

Reaction score
Sooo...

I ended up going down and gettin my sled checked out and here it is, I now have a four channel Alttitude Industries programmable EFI controller on my 1000. This allows me to add fuel across all 4 Injectors! I can't wait to give this new set up a try as I am leaving for Revy Feb 1-3. Turtle...here we come.... Can't Wait!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
sooo...

I ended up going down and gettin my sled checked out and here it is, i now have a four channel alttitude industries programmable efi controller on my 1000. This allows me to add fuel across all 4 injectors! I can't wait to give this new set up a try as i am leaving for revy feb 1-3. Turtle...here we come.... Can't wait!!

where did you find that? And how much is it? I've read about them, and they are supposed to work good!!!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to be running the same controller, should be up and running in a couple weeks. They give you any baseline numbers to start with in the fuel controller.
Thanks

Shankster

Reaction score
where did you find that? And how much is it? I've read about them, and they are supposed to work good!!!

I believe they are around 400 dollars. Seems to be working great so far...and I am not running lean at sea level or at 13k feet. Make sure you ask for the 4 channel box as it is brand new and my sled is the only RT in the country with this controller!!:d:d:d

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I believe they are around 400 dollars. Seems to be working great so far...and I am not running lean at sea level or at 13k feet. Make sure you ask for the 4 channel box as it is brand new and my sled is the only RT in the country with this controller!!:d:d:d

Where are finding 13000 feet?
You testing this thing In the cargo bay of a plane?

Last edited:
Top Bottom