RT Turbo?

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been thinking about putting my RT on boost for next season. Ideally I would like to run it somewhere in between 4-7 pounds boost on straight av gas (really what ever i can run safley with out detonation issues), and either run the standalone or the RB3 for engine management. Does anybody sell a low boost kit like this or have a turdo kit that works properly with the RT electronics yet.

girlluvshockey

Reaction score
Yes, some one does. Wish I could tell you more, but I cant. Rode with a guy for a day in Golden who had one, cant remember what it was, all I know is that he bought the sled used as is out of the states. What I cant tell you is that thing was unruly, craziest sled I ever saw!!!!

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
His name is Jason and he's from Sylvan Lake......The sled came from Jasper wyoming....I helped him set up his fuel box as its the same Controller as mine.... aswell as couple little things.....Sled works awsome and pulls good....Its a Areochager set up....If your interestecd let me know and I can get you some info.

BD

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talk to ken at specialty. i know no one likes it their but he built a twin turbo rt thats working well last i heard. had some electronic issues. i thinkj hes even a member of this site

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sled is no longer a turbo 1100 actually bought it with a stock motor it blew up on the guy and I guess he was sick of it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have talked to Ken about it last spring and he basically said that the mapping isn't there to make these RTs run proper. In the last six months there has been quite a few new fuel management systems come out that i think could make this sled run proper.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you remember the sled glengine had foesale 1100 bought it used to bel Ng to twin turbo on here

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No thats not mine

1100.jpg

This is

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be interested in a RT Turbo as well. I have a 2006 Chassis with a new motor and just entered the t world with a M1000. OOOOOhhhh Baby the fun factor is on high!!!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For low boost like im looking to run would I be better off with an 53 or 66 series areocharger. I also have a bikeman 1100 BB on the sled so itll produce a little more exhaust flow I would think.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
66 willl be more adequate for that size of motor. however you may want to speak with bmp and a turbo builder because their porting specs may be to aggressive for a turbo application to be efffective. we are learning this with the ported 860 turbos not performing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a stock monoblock and the 1100.When i compared the two blocks the 1100 has very mild porting more of a good polish and rounded edges. The stock RT block doesn't leave alot of room for improvment as it comes pretty opened up from factory. I would prefer to run the 1100 topend cause the stock one is slightly scarred up(dropped a skirt on magside) and the bikeman coated piston are coated and duel ringed.

Last edited:

Zig Zag

Reaction score
The guy in Sylvan lake is out of country right now but he has the 660 charger on his and he is totally happy with it. On this site he is Shankster send him your questions and he will prob answer. If I was hangin in the desert I would still be checkin Snow and Mud.:beer::beer::beer::beer:

Shankster

Reaction score
The Aerocharger 66 is what's running on my 2007 RT. Also I've got a Attitude EFI controller. The boost is at 8lbs low and 12lbs on the high setting. I have been running 1/2 and 1/2 and according to my Fuel/Air gauge it has been running fairly fat. The machine is stupid quick but a guy does need to do a little more homework I think on the EFI controller for the longevity of the engine!:d:d:d:d

cdnsleddog

Reaction score
Hey Shankster, PM me with your phone number. I am in Sylvan as well and would like to go over what you have done and the challenges you have had. I need boost.

Top Bottom