RT Turbo?

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
So how did this new controller end up working? We are thinking of working on a map for a RT Turbo, but not sure if it's worth our time.

Shankster

Reaction score
So how did this new controller end up working? We are thinking of working on a map for a RT Turbo, but not sure if it's worth our time.

The four channel controller works great! I'm running about 8-10lbs boost, no lean spots in the midrange or full throttle. A/R hangs right around 12.8 to 13.5. The only thing I am noticing is at idle the fuel pressure is set at 38-40psi and the A/R is upwards of 14-15.8 which is lean. My guy says that sometimes you won't get a correct reading at idle. Otherwise this thing has been rode at 3000' all the way up to 10,000' with no troubles! And it pulls like a freight train...

NM

Reaction score
We are installing a extra injector system on one right now. The fuel will be injected in to the throttle bodies so it cleans the reeds and intake and cools and lubes the bottom end. We run the same system on the Pro RMK and it works good. The stock fuel system is left alone to do it's own thing so low end driveability is untouched.

When you say pulls like a freight train...what kind of track speeds are you getting? It will be good to compare.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Faq

ANYONE EVER HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THIS TYPE SYSTEM? ELECTRIC SUPERCHARGER. THOUGHT I SAW SOMETHING ON SNOWEST ONE TIME, BUT NOTHING EVER BECAME OF IT???
5 PSI BOOST FROM AND ELECTRIC FAN BLOWER........... INTERESTING CONCEPT

Attachments

• electric-supercharger-5-psi-vortex.jpg
    electric-supercharger-5-psi-vortex.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 285

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Faq

ANYONE EVER HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THIS TYPE SYSTEM? ELECTRIC SUPERCHARGER. THOUGHT I SAW SOMETHING ON SNOWEST ONE TIME, BUT NOTHING EVER BECAME OF IT???

You're joking right?

Shankster

Reaction score
Faq

That's great if it would put out 5lbs boost! These guys building the turbo kits and selling them for 6-7k is kind of getting ridiculous! Almost borderline white collar scam!!! I would spend the $179 just to try it! I wonder what kind of cfm it would put out, and if it would be 5psi then that would be a cheap 30-40 extra hp!!

Shankster

Reaction score
We are installing a extra injector system on one right now. The fuel will be injected in to the throttle bodies so it cleans the reeds and intake and cools and lubes the bottom end. We run the same system on the Pro RMK and it works good. The stock fuel system is left alone to do it's own thing so low end driveability is untouched.

When you say pulls like a freight train...what kind of track speeds are you getting? It will be good to compare.
I find it difficult to look down, when the damn thing hooks so hard! I will put my helmut cam on it the next time out and let you know!!

NM

Reaction score
Here is a RT 1 ltr turbo airbox we did yesterday. Should be testing soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0820.jpg
    IMG_0820.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0821.jpg
    IMG_0821.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0822.jpg
    IMG_0822.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 212

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys there are guys on dootalk that are and have been running turbos with good outcomes, I am just starting to look into getting one for my mach z 1000 and hope to have it ready for next season. Keep us posted on your findings. Good luck

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys there are guys on dootalk that are and have been running turbos with good outcomes, I am just starting to look into getting one for my mach z 1000 and hope to have it ready for next season. Keep us posted on your findings. Good luck
The guys on doo talk are not using the engine electronics at all! They use msd ignition and 44 mikuni carbs. This gives you more adjustability.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I figure I should give you guys an update on the old turbo 1000. Due to lots of work and not enough time sledding I still haven't quite got it. She still is a work in progress. Took it up allen creek mid winter, sled runs well on top end, but has fueling issues on bottom end. Now running boost it fuel system with larger high pressure pump in the tank to fuel this thing, very good product.

Took it home and found the stock reed pedals were not quite sealing so I put a set of the skidoo race team reeds that there running on the boosted 800 etecs in.
Went out to test on the pembina river (only place around here last winter with enough snow to ride), made it about 5 minutes and and the low pressure fuel pump went out. So NytroMan came down with his old tundra and pulled me back to his shop. There NytroMan, Sledwhore and I spent the next couple saturday afternoons drinking rum and dr.pepper, and doing all the wiring upgrades off the tom warga dootalk thread.

Now that we have a new fuel pump installed, not under the engine, we went out to do some more tuning on the river, spent about an hour setting my fuel controller, but just cannot get the bottom end cleaned up. Went up to the shop did a compression test. 75 psi on the pto and 115 on the mag. I pulled out the engine to find that the outer throw on the crank had come loose and started to just rub on my case, then took up the filings and took my topend out. So I phoned mountain magic up and they sent me a new welded crank, and a new monoblock. Put a smaller base gasket in this time to hopefully hit that 120- 130psi mark. To take care of my bottom end issues. Upon engine reassembly go to put on the fly wheel, and as soon as i slip it on it feels weird, pull it back off and the magnets are stuck to the mag, had some old hairline fractures. So being cheap I decide a used one should be easy to find, not so much, wasted a week looking for a used one and two weeks waiting for a new one. lol

So that was pretty much my winter, but she is good to test for this fall now. I will try to get some pictures of the old girl for you guys.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I figure I should give you guys an update on the old turbo 1000. Due to lots of work and not enough time sledding I still haven't quite got it. She still is a work in progress. Took it up allen creek mid winter, sled runs well on top end, but has fueling issues on bottom end. Now running boost it fuel system with larger high pressure pump in the tank to fuel this thing, very good product.

Took it home and found the stock reed pedals were not quite sealing so I put a set of the skidoo race team reeds that there running on the boosted 800 etecs in.
Went out to test on the pembina river (only place around here last winter with enough snow to ride), made it about 5 minutes and and the low pressure fuel pump went out. So NytroMan came down with his old tundra and pulled me back to his shop. There NytroMan, Sledwhore and I spent the next couple saturday afternoons drinking rum and dr.pepper, and doing all the wiring upgrades off the tom warga dootalk thread.

Now that we have a new fuel pump installed, not under the engine, we went out to do some more tuning on the river, spent about an hour setting my fuel controller, but just cannot get the bottom end cleaned up. Went up to the shop did a compression test. 75 psi on the pto and 115 on the mag. I pulled out the engine to find that the outer throw on the crank had come loose and started to just rub on my case, then took up the filings and took my topend out. So I phoned mountain magic up and they sent me a new welded crank, and a new monoblock. Put a smaller base gasket in this time to hopefully hit that 120- 130psi mark. To take care of my bottom end issues. Upon engine reassembly go to put on the fly wheel, and as soon as i slip it on it feels weird, pull it back off and the magnets are stuck to the mag, had some old hairline fractures. So being cheap I decide a used one should be easy to find, not so much, wasted a week looking for a used one and two weeks waiting for a new one. lol

So that was pretty much my winter, but she is good to test for this fall now. I will try to get some pictures of the old girl for you guys.

I don't think your cheap. I would have quit putting money into that sled long before you. Lol.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya but you probably haven't rode one on boost yet lol

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its going to work this time around, can't wait to see. Won't be 200 of them on the hill everyday, great to be different, and have the next group say WTF went through there!:d

Octanee

Reaction score
good stuff sledwhore! looks a bit complicated lol, i got my self one here.... i may as well add to here...., also curious, what squish are you guys running? and what fuel? anybody getting away with pump gas, if so what elevation and how many # of boost?, i lack pictures of my sled.. i truly do, but all i use for my fueling is 1 fuel controller box, no extra injectors, or a fuel pump nothing, sleds pretty much stock when it comes to my fueling except the efi controller :), wanted to keep er simple, incase anybody wants to see my updates on my project, ive been using dootalk i guess lol http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/530089-turbo-rt-1000-season-2/ i talk about how its going, what ive done, and post pics and vids :)

P1020040.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

Last edited:

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
keep it coming boyz !!!

I'm hanging on every update !!!

I have wet dreams of a turbo on mine,
but I run my rt 1000 EVERY day and I need reliability.

just in case your wondering,
she said 7179 MILESwhen i shut her down.
and she'll crack again 2moro

Top Bottom