RT 1000 Roller Secondary

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So last weekend I removed the secondary so I could get the airbox out as I was installing pods. Ended up the pods were the wrong size so I left the sled disassembled till yesterday when I could get out and put on the new pods. When I reinstalled the secondary and put the tool in to spread the secondary for the belt, it wouldnt spread.

Any idea what happened?

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know what happened with clutch, but where did you get your pods. Thanks

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought the pods from Mountain Magic. They are the Kickass filters with K&N prefilters over them.

What tools do I need to remove the Helix? I dont understand what happened. Could the Aluminium just be a little stuck because there was no belt on for the past week? Would a couple taps with a rubber mallet to loosen it up hurt?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought the pods from Mountain Magic. They are the Kickass filters with K&N prefilters over them.

What tools do I need to remove the Helix? I dont understand what happened. Could the Aluminium just be a little stuck because there was no belt on for the past week? Would a couple taps with a rubber mallet to loosen it up hurt?

doubtfull.

just need some threaded rod and a way to perss on the helix.
Clutchholder_SDC-3_thumb.png

can easily make something work.

then just compress the helix pull the half moon clips out and remove the helix.

or throw the belt back on the machine and see if it shifts out. if it does im sure its fine. then you might be able to open it once it has loosened up. its not easy to put a belt on without using that little tool tho haha

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh I got the belt on, Took some muscle and a few words of encouragement but didnt check to see if the secondary opened when I drove the sled in the trailer. Ill check it on Saturday and see if the tool will spread it. If not I will figure a way to take it apart. The tool in the picture doesnt look to hard to reproduce.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
oh i got the belt on, took some muscle and a few words of encouragement but didnt check to see if the secondary opened when i drove the sled in the trailer. Ill check it on saturday and see if the tool will spread it. If not i will figure a way to take it apart. The tool in the picture doesnt look to hard to reproduce.

when you put the doo tool into the secondary and rotated it to open up the secondary sheaves.......... The tool just kept spinning and nothing happened, right? If so, then the threads inside are stripped... Common problem. Either just leave it and use brute force to install and remove belts, or tap the hole to the next bigger size and make your own tool using a bolt.... Grind the end off the bolt so it looks similar to the factory tool........... Have done that to several of my sleds now......

Top Bottom