RT 1000 programer

2hills

Reaction score
Is anyone running a boondocker box with twin pipes on theyre RT? I cant seem to dail the stuid thing in!I program leaner and leaner when it hit the rev limiter=? plugs are dark chocolate brown, so i have ways to go....or should i just tune on a single pipe= less power. does anyone have numbers for this box or suggestions.:(

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
is anyone running a boondocker box with twin pipes on theyre rt? I cant seem to dail the stuid thing in!i program leaner and leaner when it hit the rev limiter=? Plugs are dark chocolate brown, so i have ways to go....or should i just tune on a single pipe= less power. Does anyone have numbers for this box or suggestions.:(

i've heard a few guys that have twin pipes work on an rt, and more that never got them to work properly...... Pipes are supposed to be good for 20hp on an rt when properly set!!! Wow! But the big issue is getting them adjusted properly, and then the tinkering with the settings afterwards as the conditions are always changing..... Are they dynoport pipes or crankshop pipes? I'm leaning towards the fatpipe from dynoport(good for 7hp) without any adjustments necessary... Let us know how you make out....

2hills

Reaction score
Thanks for the support.... theyre crank shop pipes.... how much for a single ..... I also think you bought my old pipe and spindles ...did you get them from a guy from mountian magic ?

freakshow12

Reaction score
did you check over on dootalk? I run the bikeman pipemod pipe and can along with domes and the 05 map with a timing adjustment and it pulls hard.

tumbleweed

Reaction score
need a little more info,should be running exhaust temp gauge.
baseline with1.5in stinger outlet no other changes
3000-000
5000-555
6700-656
7400-444
8100-322
will run on hot side 1200ish

2hills

Reaction score
2006 highmark
I am running a temp. probes
-twin cr.shop pipes with twin stingers
-air box gone with oxygen sencor moved
- its been clutched and geared down
-------------------------------------------------------
Its never ran that hot.....1100 max... i have bud that runs his at 1350,it wont let me lean out ,it goes it retard moad ... could this be timing ? those are scary numbers that you posted.. where do ride those settings?

2hills

Reaction score
these are mine for boondocker
3000- 1,3,5
5000- 7,8,10
6700-13,15,18
7800-21,23,25

2hills

Reaction score
By the way... tryed to phone boondocker and crankshop in the States..... I think they thought i was phoning from the moon with the elevations I gave them ....No help...

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
By the way... tryed to phone boondocker and crankshop in the States..... I think they thought i was phoning from the moon with the elevations I gave them ....No help...

what do you mean your hitting a retard limiter?
is it over revving 8500 +?
should run 8100 rpm approx.
is the det sensor going off? you have stock domes or some one elses? probably your issue, need more info.
what elevation you ride at? what fuel you using?

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Pipe works good, but i think i'll try and find a fatpipe somewhere, and the spindles got powdercoated blue... Thanks again for the parts... Haven't hit any big rocks lately, so we're good. I thought about twin pipes on mine, but know too many guys with problems setting them up and then tinkering all the time....

2hills

Reaction score
It retards at 7000 rpm...for no aparent reason
I rev about 7800 -8000
I still have the stock domes
I have no idea if the det. sencor is going off ,,,no warning lights just bogging
I run 1 gallon to 6 race gas,,16%
I ride Valmout, Sicimoose,revy,golden

freakshow12

Reaction score
what clutching have you got done? have you checked voltage at your battery? have you ever had the low pressure pump replaced? I think I have some answers depending on yours. :)

2hills

Reaction score
never have checked the battery, another guy told it would this on a crappy battery,the sled only has 220 miles on it, i never had the fuel pump replaced....thought that was only a 2005 problem

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
never have checked the battery, another guy told it would this on a crappy battery,the sled only has 220 miles on it, i never had the fuel pump replaced....thought that was only a 2005 problem

my '06 crapped a battery last year.... Hard to start, and had to pull on it about 30 times before it started(actually boosted the battery with my trailer battery) and ran like crap, until i drove it for 5 kms or more and it seemed to hold a bit of a charge....replaced the battery and all seemed better.....did you replace your relays yet?? I changed all 3 relays this year too.... Put in cheapy napa relays(you could see discolored terminals on the main efi relay). Fuel pumps were supposedly only a 2005 problem too?? Maybe we should start a rt1000 owners support group..... meeting next week? lol

freakshow12

Reaction score
low pressure pumps are an issue on ALL years. do not ride it with a weak battery either as it will wash the oil out of your crank bearings. these engines are very finicky when it comes to proper voltage and engine life. I would link your not being able to pull revs on your low pressure pump not being able to leep up to the in tank and would look at having it replaced. with a better pump for less money at napa. I have the number and have done this swap myself. I also added a fuel press guage to mine as it must have 58psi at the rail at ALL times or it will not perform well. any more questions I would be glad to help as I have put alot of time in on mine but it flys :)

Top Bottom