RSI bars? Who's got em?

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I just talked to my dealer and my snow check is going to be here in 3 to 4 weeks( 163" pro gloss black) so I'm planing my personal touches so far I'm going to black out the tunnel with vinyl wrap, powder coat the boards and spindles red, and I'm thinking of going with a RSI bar and riser I really like the looks of them. So my question is which set of bars to go with the 10 or 15 degree pull back? I want the flat bar with a 7" riser. So if you have a set I would like to hear how you like them,
Thanks

The snow can't come fast enough!

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bejajyha.jpg

Love them!
Contact TJ @ boost-it they should have bars/riser in stock. The bars come pretty wide but just cut them down to your liking.
I have 10 degree

Last edited:

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I gave them a call just not sure which bars I want , it's a great looking set up

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great setup, I also went with the 10deg bar, but opted for the adjustable Rox riser on a pivot post, as the RSI riser I found wasn't strong enough. I had it stripped after one weekend. I'm really tough on bars and this setup is solid, with all kinds of adjustment to find that perfect spot. This setup was purchased from Boost-It and I couldn't be happier. I managed to find a way to put the stock hooks back in. Going to shorten it up just a bit more for next season. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376216183.093139.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376216236.307672.jpg

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The adjustable riser can lower the bar 1" lower then stock or 3" higher then stock.

skrat

Reaction score
I went with the 10deg, but with a rise to the bars. The reason is, the taper in the rise does two things, one, strength, two, flex on hard impacts. The "flat" bars have never felt right to me because of that.

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed none of you guy put the mountain bar or grab strap back on do you miss it? And E-Zmoke I find it hard to believe that an adjustable riser is stronger then the RSI riser but ill take your word for it I am also really hard on my bars. And I like the idea of a little flex from a small rise Skrat thanks for the input guys

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed none of you guy put the mountain bar or grab strap back on do you miss it? And E-Zmoke I find it hard to believe that an adjustable riser is stronger then the RSI riser but ill take your word for it I am also really hard on my bars. And I like the idea of a little flex from a small rise Skrat thanks for the input guys

It's the threads in the RSI riser at the bottom of the riser where it mounts to the "T" post that stripped....if you hold the adjustable ROX riser in one hand and the RSI riser in the other. You wouldn't find it hard to believe at all. The RSI riser is made from aircraft aluminum and only has (1) bolt that you tighten down, to the "T" post. Where the ROX riser has a bolt on each side and is made from a tougher material. Just trying to give real world experiences. I have lots of friends who run the RSI riser and no issues, but in my opinion any riser that mounts to the "t" post using (2) bolts rather then (1) is a stronger better design, and yes you are right one would assume because my riser is adjustable it would be weaker, but in all honesty this is the solidest setup I have ever owned.

As for the mountain bar aka "sissy bar" now this is a FACT. You will become a stronger rider when you learn to ride without the grab bar. It didn't take long to adjust to not using it. After a few times grabbing for it and it not being their you learn very quickly not to take your hands off the bars in a tight technical situation. I will never ride with another mountain bar, and I laugh at all my friends when they are holding onto their "sissy bar" you will feel much more in control and be a more confident rider without one. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376257810.247334.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376257827.149454.jpg

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got Protaper moto bars on my IQR. What is the difference? Price? The riser looks versatile though. I've also had Fly tapers and Renthal fatbars over the years. I'm not a fan of the straight bar setup.

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's the threads in the RSI riser at the bottom of the riser where it mounts to the "T" post that stripped....if you hold the adjustable ROX riser in one hand and the RSI riser in the other. You wouldn't find it hard to believe at all. The RSI riser is made from aircraft aluminum and only has (1) bolt that you tighten down, to the "T" post. Where the ROX riser has a bolt on each side and is made from a tougher material. Just trying to give real world experiences. I have lots of friends who run the RSI riser and no issues, but in my opinion any riser that mounts to the "t" post using (2) bolts rather then (1) is a stronger better design, and yes you are right one would assume because my riser is adjustable it would be weaker, but in all honesty this is the solidest setup I have ever owned.

As for the mountain bar aka "sissy bar" now this is a FACT. You will become a stronger rider when you learn to ride without the grab bar. It didn't take long to adjust to not using it. After a few times grabbing for it and it not being their you learn very quickly not to take your hands off the bars in a tight technical situation. I will never ride with another mountain bar, and I laugh at all my friends when they are holding onto their "sissy bar" you will feel much more in control and be a more confident rider without one. View attachment 158424
View attachment 158425

x2 i had that riser and it always folded back on me.

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found a riser on rox website it the same design as the adjustable but fixed hight I think it's the one I'm going to with it still has 2 bolts on the bottom hope she holds now I just have to decide on bars

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 232

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put 10deg carbon 1" 1/8 bars on the pro climb also got there grips/heaters and grab strap.Haven't ridden with them yet. But so far other then there logo and measurements being off it looks good! Can't wait for the snow to fly! I'll try to remember to take pics.

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I picked my new bar set up from TJ from boost it today awesome guy to deal with now all I need is snow. I get some pics up when I get everything set up

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on, thanks for the update, so many guys start threads then never report back with what they went with and how they liked/disliked their setup. Hope it works for you, I know I sure like my setup. x2 on TJ!

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just bought the blue kermaxx bars i posted earlier. cant wait to install them, just waiting on the oversized adapter to come in

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
Great setup, I also went with the 10deg bar, but opted for the adjustable Rox riser on a pivot post, as the RSI riser I found wasn't strong enough. I had it stripped after one weekend. I'm really tough on bars and this setup is solid, with all kinds of adjustment to find that perfect spot. This setup was purchased from Boost-It and I couldn't be happier. I managed to find a way to put the stock hooks back in. Going to shorten it up just a bit more for next season. View attachment 158417
View attachment 158418

How much of a rise did this set up give you, I found on the pro I could use a 2-3" rise and Ireally like tthe flat bars.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much of a rise did this set up give you, I found on the pro I could use a 2-3" rise and Ireally like tthe flat bars.

It adjusts from 1" lower then stock to 3" higher then stock.

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the setup I went with 8" RSI riser and carbon fibre tapered bars with 10* pull back. They end up 2 1/2" taller than stock I love them and will never ride with stock bars again

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 82
Top Bottom