Rolling over electric start to get unstuck

CRASH1000

Reaction score
Had a scary thing happen on the weekend. Going up a steep climb through the trees and did not make it. The best thing to do was to roll it over and go back down. I always always wear my tether cord no matter what. I turned it off by pulling the cord and put it back on the sled and unhooked it from my jacket. A buddy came to help me flip it over. We had it upside down when it all of a sudden fired up wide open with the track spinning by my face. It took me a bit but i was able to dig down and shut it off. This could have been really bad so just be aware that the snow will push the button to start it and i thought there was a saftey on the throttle so it will not go wide open but trust me it will.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a scary thing happen on the weekend. Going up a steep climb through the trees and did not make it. The best thing to do was to roll it over and go back down. I always always wear my tether cord no matter what. I turned it off by pulling the cord and put it back on the sled and unhooked it from my jacket. A buddy came to help me flip it over. We had it upside down when it all of a sudden fired up wide open with the track spinning by my face. It took me a bit but i was able to dig down and shut it off. This could have been really bad so just be aware that the snow will push the button to start it and i thought there was a saftey on the throttle so it will not go wide open but trust me it will.

there is a safety. but it works by throttle open sensitivity (5% open) and it will not drive BUT it has to be 5% open before it starts. not after. so if it starts and then the throttle starts opening as you roll it over yes it will go full bore. if it didnt you would have a pretty useless mountain sled hahaha.

go in your garage and hold the throttle to the bar and then hit the button. it wont move until you release the throttle and start again.

CRASH1000

Reaction score
It must just be the right position. We got it upside down i had my head by the running boards to stop it from another turn and ghost riding into a tree. It was full on wide open. Lesson learned had to do it again next day made sure tether was out.

yammyman

Reaction score
I've had the same problem... Needless to say I leave it hook to my jacket at all times and always unhook when rolling it over or at very least make sure the kill switch is off. I also carry a spare key!

CRASH1000

Reaction score
Spare tether is a good idea to cary on you. I grabed it in a panic to shut it off and took awhile to find it in the snow while holding the sled to stop it from taking off on its own.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good tip, thank you! I don't have e-start but many I ride with do and we often roll them to get unstuck.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
roll over to get unstuck?
Do you actually mean people dig out there sleds? lol thought that was a noob thing to do... you know i think it would make for some hard work doing all that digging all day. huh you learn something new every day
Roll it over its not going to break.... well maybe a couple of parts after it rolls the first time but its a crap shoot when it gets that steep:D

Last edited:
Top Bottom