Roll over valve

Hooligen

Reaction score
I have recently bought a sled with a couple year old boon docker kit on it and I have herd a bit about a roll over valve that can be installed on the oil tank to let the tank breath but will not leak oil out if you find yourself rubber side up(not that that ever happens). I herd some guys are mounting the same kinda breather that is on dirt bike gas caps, they have a little check ball in them. I have also herd that these tanks are not meant to have a breather they are mean to leak some oil through the seals, which seems kinda odd, but not completely unrealistic.Can somebody shine some light on this either way, thanks much.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OFT racing sells a tether kit with a rollover valve. Good idea, but you don't have to have one. Need a tether though. Don't want your sled running upside down.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im not 100% sure but I thooght the valve went on the engine breather? I rolled mine 28 times and it lost a bit of oil but I could have still drove it out if I didnt have spare oil! lol just my 2 cents but I know nothing! lol

Hooligen

Reaction score
Its on a two stroke, so no engine oil. Maybe I am confused and herd this from a 4 stroker and it was a engine vent. What would be effected with the sled still running when its upside down? Just curious being its a two stroker theres no oil to fill the cylinders, and if the oil runs backwards through the turbo it shouldn't hurt anything.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as I know just 4strokes and not all. I've got an apex that has never dumped oil with or without boost. My stock Phazer will empty the oil tank in a heart beat if it's on it's hood.

2 stroke oil tanks don't have breathers, do they?

OFT sells the Jacobson rollover valve from 4stroke solutions.

Top Bottom