Rocky Mtn House - Good Quading?

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This ride sounds amazing. I've been camping in the Jackfish area for many years, and just got into quading a couple years ago. We've been around our old stomping grounds which is ok, but this sounds like it has some nice sites to see. I was thinking of entering south of Jackfish Lake... heading out in the spring. How's the trail from Jackfish to Chambers and Saunders? How long of a ride is it to Chambers? Is the caboose east or west from there? There are a couple of us interested in riding the old railway and curious how long the trip would take.

From the Jackfish Lake RD Chambers creek is east about 3-4 hrs, the caboose is on this stretch of trail, but you could easily miss it (not marked too well) should still be some orange flagging hanging from trees etc. To go from Jackfish to Suanders that will be west (follow blue paint on trees with black arrows,or signs that read Coalminers trail). Again not every turn is marked properly yet and some of this part can get pretty swampy & soft in the wet spring. Look through the posts on this same section and find the one titled "map Rocky to Nordegg" or something like that and print out the 3 pages then tape them togegher, that should help you out. Also let me know when you are going out and i may join you to show you the way etc. The whole trip from Horburg to Nordegg will take approx. 8 hrs. including a lunch break. E-mail me if you have any other questions,the address is on this post.

iamcanadian

Reaction score
Thanks! that helps alot. We're planning on heading out first weekend in may... there should still be lots of frozen ground (hopefully). We were also considering dropping in at Chambers and riding to Saunders. Which ride would you think is more scenic?

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks! that helps alot. We're planning on heading out first weekend in may... there should still be lots of frozen ground (hopefully). We were also considering dropping in at Chambers and riding to Saunders. Which ride would you think is more scenic?

From Chambers to Saunders would be a nice scenic ride, however there will be a few challanging areas (hills,muskeg,etc.). At that time of yr. i would doubt there will still be frozen ground, maybe some ice in the low ravines etc., but i'm sure the skeg & mud will be soft by then. From Jackfish Lake area to Saunders is probably the most soft areas and some bigger hills. There are really neat sites all the way so it is hard to pick one area over another.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have maps of the chambers creek trails both on the north and south sides ,but like anything else the trails change over the years.But still should be basically the same ,we will have to figure out a sat. or sunday ride

I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN A COPY OF THE MAP IF YOU ARE WILLING TO GIVE ONE OUT :beer::beer::beer::beer::cool:

jayinwww

Reaction score
West of Rocky Mountian House is some place called Ram Falls. I heard many good things about it but I can't seem to find where it is. I would like to go check it out.

Top Bottom