road radio frequencies?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone have the road radio frequencies of the area.
silent pass 152.870

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are posted at the start of every road. I have a list somewhere, I'll do some digging.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try a search magnet, someone here posted every BC RR (resource road) channels complete with freq's and tones. I can't remember which thread it was, but i'm sure it will turn up in a search.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try a search magnet, someone here posted every BC RR (resource road) channels complete with freq's and tones. I can't remember which thread it was, but i'm sure it will turn up in a search.

why are they not posted on club sites. make life easy i guess.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They changed the Freq's for industry and "forgot" to notify recreation clubs. gotta love gov regs

yeah, that sucks, but they are usually out there, maybe post the frequencies and for what road. :d

ChinRat

Reaction score
yeah, that sucks, but they are usually out there, maybe post the frequencies and for what road. :d

I can get the entire freq list, they go up to RR38 and maybe beyond. Unfortunately they assign several roads the same RR Channel. So look to invest in a 400+ channel radio if you want them all. Oh yeah, don't forget Alberta....they have channels too.........I have a TAD M10 Radio i bought 4 years ago, has 4 banks of 99 channels each. its FULL. Just for work in the oil and gas....i get confused (well, doesn't take much) OH yeah, dont get caught programing your own radio...CRTC will JAIL your ass.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can get the entire freq list, they go up to RR38 and maybe beyond. Unfortunately they assign several roads the same RR Channel. So look to invest in a 400+ channel radio if you want them all. Oh yeah, don't forget Alberta....they have channels too.........I have a TAD M10 Radio i bought 4 years ago, has 4 banks of 99 channels each. its FULL. Just for work in the oil and gas....i get confused (well, doesn't take much) OH yeah, dont get caught programing your own radio...CRTC will JAIL your ass.
I wonder if they know the procedure to find out if your radio is set to be user programmable with the TAD M8 or M10. the M8 has a wire that must be cut, and the M10 is a dip switch inside the cover.....

ChinRat

Reaction score
I wonder if they know the procedure to find out if your radio is set to be user programmable with the TAD M8 or M10. the M8 has a wire that must be cut, and the M10 is a dip switch inside the cover.....

Your right, the M10 is kinda hidden, they have to look for it, never used an m8. I have never had a problem, some guys i work with have. if your just doing road freq's should not be a problem. just dont get caught with RCMP freq's programed.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your right, the M10 is kinda hidden, they have to look for it, never used an m8. I have never had a problem, some guys i work with have. if your just doing road freq's should not be a problem. just dont get caught with RCMP freq's programed.
it's perfectly legal to have their RX frequencies, as long as you aren't using their transmissions for criminal activity or personal gain. having their TX freq's on the other hand absolutely is illegal.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone ever been checked?
not me, got an M10 hard mounted in the console of my GM. I usually leave the mic unattached inside the console compartment unless I'm using it for piloting or sledding

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sooo m8s can do rr tones? I thought they were to old?

Doo2015

Reaction score
So if us simple weekend warriors just have radios that go from channel 1 to 20 we're SOL on communicating with loggers?

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if us simple weekend warriors just have radios that go from channel 1 to 20 we're SOL on communicating with loggers?

Yup

I am selling the Baofeng with the RR programed in 169.00 1-4 149.00 5+

Here is a link to the RR map for BC

• Thanks
Reactions: ren

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My $40 baofang radio works good for that, not programmed just punch in frequency. Used it a few times, range isn't good though. RGM's radios range is much better.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cost $50 to get the RR channels and your good for all of B.C. not really that big of a deal.

Top Bottom