Rmk 800 Ves

summitbound

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2003 RMK 800, my stock valve's have a couple nick's in the coating,will this
build up carbon faster. Or just up-grade to the Stainless Steel Valve's.

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mite depending on the oil you use. I have been using the polaris gold and pull out the valves after every weekend of riding and I have yet to find any carbon just very thick oil switch cleans right off with a little brakeclean.

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a firm believer of using good synthetic oil. Its cheap in the long run.

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've ran Polaris's gold synthetic II for about 2500 miles and the exhaust valves looked great. I've got zero experience with the interceptor oil, so no comment there.:dunno:

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to kick this old horse, but did a little follow up on guys using the Interceptor oil. Majority of the riders using that oil are receiving great motor protection but must clean their valves after couple hundred miles because of constant gumming up. Now to me, I would blame the gumming up more to incorrect getting or oil pump setting. Also too much bottom and mid range throttle. Now the same guys are changing from the Interceptor to the Dominator oil and experiencing alot less gumming. But if you read up on the Dominator oil, it states that there is no corrosion inhibator added to the oil. Which is for race engines, that are constantly being tore down, not engines being stored after each season. I'm not bashing Amsoil or claiming victory for any other oil. Maybe the old smoking mineral oils would be better. Just thought this might help you're valve issues. Not sure if this would lead to chipping or flaking of the coating or not. Although the new stainless steel valve got to be better. Let us know how you make out.

Top Bottom