RK-TEK tork series high comp head on 02 700

02 summit 700

Reaction score
just wondering if any of you guys have any incite on an RK-TEK head thinken about slapn one on the summit this fall. i know its not going to be a huge power gain but just a little low and mid range pop it says on the web site its rated to run pump gas obviously 91 oct. i all so am running air filters, boeysen reeds, and a jaws oem spec y pipe and a mbrp race can what kinda hp do you guys think this thing would put out with that head im thinking 150-155 i could be wrong. also what kinda compretion do high comp heads usually run i know a fresh motor is around 125-130 psi. all input will be appreciated.

:confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ur gonna need monster stickers to get that kind of gain.

lshobie

Reaction score
I am pretty sure you wont get 150hp out of it on 91 octane - you might get 150 out of it for a very short time with a whole bunch of mods but won't last long:) You can get about 137-140 out of it with port/polish/ head work probably but keep in mind that any work done to bring it up there is shortening the lifespan. Jaws just did a port an polish and brought me up over 130 hp for my 700 mod sled build on youtube - and I'm happy with that. And that dyno will be on youtube - before and after dyno.

What did RKTek say you would get out of it?

Last edited:

02 summit 700

Reaction score
actually i have wached alot of your you tube vids and i have seen the before dyno. rk tec makes a head and a 738 big bore the big bore is rated at 155 at 91 oct i beleive also psi makes a dial-a-dome head for the 700s and a 800 big bore i beleive

check my channle SASKDITCHBANGERS only one vid im new on you tube

lshobie

Reaction score
Very cool and good to know, the 738bb sounds like a good kit, I'd be interested in installing and dynoing to check the numbers - if i can get 150+hp I'd be pretty dran happy about it.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the heads will help, but i think your way to high on the hp. more like 135-140. i have the same sled, twin pipes and shaved head, gutted airbox, big gain in power, no idea of hp but probabbly in the range of 140. will put the hurt on 800's. and have put the smack down on a few kitty cat m1000. but it beats the crap out of ya on the trails old suspension.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the heads will help, but i think your way to high on the hp. more like 135-140. i have the same sled, twin pipes and shaved head, gutted airbox, big gain in power, no idea of hp but probabbly in the range of 140. will put the hurt on 800's. and have put the smack down on a few kitty cat m1000. but it beats the crap out of ya on the trails old suspension.

Hey don't let this Imdoon' guy get away with the fact he didn't beat the kitty fair and square!!! HAHA

Top Bottom