RK TEK clutch

tanner

Reaction score
I keep hearing about this rk tek clutch set up, is it as good as they say? Anyone running this clutch? if so lets us know. Thanks

scrapmaster

Reaction score
i just tried mine out in valemount last weekend and it surpassed my expectations, like ridin a completly different sled accelerates better an just feels a lot snappier, would definetly recomend it:beer:

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one too ('08 M8), and it works great. Gave me about 15-20 mph more top end, and pulls stronger too. Very pleased with it.

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much do the run $$, How easy are they to install, and were can i guy pick on up around edmonton

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't "need" any of the torsional conversion kits if you take the time to tune the DD. Cat left a lot on the tabel and people are finally figuring out DD clutching. However, I have seen them for sale at Echo Cycle.

Waxy

Reaction score
I've got one on my '05 M7 and I'm really happy with it.

It works very well, but it's not a miracle. Like was said, I think you can get there with properly setting up the stock system. However, as a LONG time Cat rider, I was more comfortable with the torsion system and was able to tune it better and faster than the standard system.

I bough mine direct from Kelsey at RKT, excellent price and service.

Waxy

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
these clutch kits ,i wanna no how much shipped to the hat to my door and what is needed for istall and is it realy goona do much for the 09 as i was told clutching on the 09 was good anyway ,also hot air vents and are they a neccesity for a stock 09 m8:d

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got one on my '05 M7 and I'm really happy with it.

It works very well, but it's not a miracle. Like was said, I think you can get there with properly setting up the stock system. However, as a LONG time Cat rider, I was more comfortable with the torsion system and was able to tune it better and faster than the standard system.

I bough mine direct from Kelsey at RKT, excellent price and service.

Waxy

I agree that the torsional system of past was, and still is easy to tune. Makes tuning the ZR800 a breeze. Three seasons with the Diamond Drive and I have a big chunk of it figured out....as it seems Cat does now too. Part of the problem was a rela lack of tuning components for the DD. You had to use a mish mash of Doo parts, poorly cut helix's, and I even ended up cutting a lot of my own weights. It's much better now and lot of info is available from tuners who have hit there head over and over. Real test would be to put good setup DD sytems up against the torsional systems in real world testing. Not a lot of comparison info available.

Just my opinion....

ssjrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello Glengine have you put many of these RK Tec clutch kits on. And what is your thought about these kits. Also what angle of helix is everyone using and what spring and helix should a guy use for a stock 08 M1000?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello Glengine have you put many of these RK Tec clutch kits on. And what is your thought about these kits. Also what angle of helix is everyone using and what spring and helix should a guy use for a stock 08 M1000?

I've lost count how many ofhese kit's i've installed over the past couple of years.. I run one on my '08 M1000 and it turned that sled into a whole different animal.. It backshifts so awesomely now that it's incredible.. You should look at getting either a straight 36 or a 38/36, and run the snopro green or cat red/white spring.. I run the 38/36 and snpro grn, Ran the red/white beofre and wanted to try the green, didn't find much difference in how things worked between the two springs.. I'll run my M1000 against another M1000 with a good set-up D/D and see how that goes, I cant ride on weeekends though as work is to busy.. But i won't run a M-series again without that kit, it is a huge difference..

ssjrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glengine are you doing any thing with the primary. I keep hearing about the d&d orange spring. Any thoughts? my sled is stock, i ride in Mcbride and weigh about 260#. I am a good rider and i will be putting on the Rk Tec kit. The sled is a 162 Track. Thanks for any info.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not tried the orange spring, i put the am currently working on setting some stuff up with the dalton adjustable weight cam arms.. they are slick as you can adjust weight without having to remove anything..

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FINALLY! got to try my mods out this evening (RK TEK clutch and head). Amazed at how hard she pulls, pulls the skiis off the ground without pulling back, its true what everyone says about the RK TEK clutch, definately a must. As for the head, there is a difference in power but need to get to the mountains to see if it was worth it. There is a very slight hesitation at 5000 rpm when i punch it, not sure what to do about it maybe at higher elevation it will be better. Also my rear suspension feels hard and when I push it all the way down and let go it comes up very slowly and only 3/4 of the way back up. When im at the mountains and have snow piled on the tunnel she sure sags. My shock pressure is at 120 psi and the nuts on the other shock are slightly applying pressure to the spring. Any comments anyone.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much do you weigh?? Your rear shock pressure is that measurement taken with the sled sitting on the ground?

Top Bottom