RK TEC Drop in Kit Help

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 12 definitely needed help. last year I felt that the di delivered a much needed boost. I put on 1200 miles last season and never had a glitch. it has the 858 in it now and the wife's 13 has a drop in with boony. we are finally getting out for a ride next weekend. both have stock exhaust.

turboassault

Reaction score
I also have the kit installed and immediately noticed the engine ran smoother and sounds way snappier. When riding it I am sure that it was staying cooler than normal. Midrange snap is definately improved. So far pretty happy with it.

boots1031

Reaction score
I also have the kit installed and immediately noticed the engine ran smoother and sounds way snappier. When riding it I am sure that it was staying cooler than normal. Midrange snap is definately improved. So far pretty happy with it.

that's good to hear cant wait to try mine out

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
350km on my 13.5:1 DI kit on my Pro 163. Bolted on, broke it in and fuggin PINNED it! Clutching is spot on 8400-8450. No fuel controller (2012). Running 91octane at 3000' with no DET.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So the trip to Revy was awesome. The motor ran great all weekend but still not where the clutching should be. Pulling 8100-8200 up at elevation. Clutches are still hot but not as bad as before. I have another helix and springs coming in. So after the christmas break i should have it all figured out then. My best track speed in deep snow up a hill was 41 mph. I think there is still a few more mph to be had once i get the clutching dialed.

A few other buddies rode the sled and they felt that it was stronger than stock as well. Bottom and mid range are excellent, but the top seems a bit flat.... Which im hoping is the clutching.

See Kelsey, that wasnt so bad.

Briandublanko

Reaction score
So the trip to Revy was awesome. The motor ran great all weekend but still not where the clutching should be. Pulling 8100-8200 up at elevation. Clutches are still hot but not as bad as before. I have another helix and springs coming in. So after the christmas break i should have it all figured out then. My best track speed in deep snow up a hill was 41 mph. I think there is still a few more mph to be had once i get the clutching dialed.

A few other buddies rode the sled and they felt that it was stronger than stock as well. Bottom and mid range are excellent, but the top seems a bit flat.... Which im hoping is the clutching.

I have the dropin kit as well and found that you need to have at least 8300 to get the full benifit of the drop in kit at full throttle. I have mine running at 8400 and it pulls harder then at 8200. What secondary setup are you running and what weights are you using? Mine is a 12 pro 800.

jockdoc

Reaction score
I have the dropin kit as well and found that you need to have at least 8300 to get the full benifit of the drop in kit at full throttle. I have mine running at 8400 and it pulls harder then at 8200. What secondary setup are you running and what weights are you using? Mine is a 12 pro 800.
Are you running a BD turbo and the RK DI kit??

jockdoc

Reaction score
How's the low end/throttle response? If you were to choose, which system made the biggest difference? Which would you recommend?

snobyrd

Reaction score

my stock 13 pro would do 41/42 mph in the steep and deep, I'm in crowfoot area next few days with my bike man kit, I'll post my results.

rmscustom

Reaction score
Comparing track speed #s with somebody else on a different hill, different condition and different ways is pointless.
Got the first 40 miles on the drop in yesterday (13 pro) and it and the clutching ran flawless and it looks like I'm rich on the top. Was seeing 5mph more track speed than I saw all last year.
BD box #s, 6% 5500-8500
Stock clutching, rooster weights 6.something gram in the heel 2.something in the middle and zero in the tip.
Started out pulling about 8300 rpm at 6500' but by the end of the day it was around 8400 rpm.
13.5 domes.
I'm gonna trim a little fuel out of the top today cause the plugs look rich and I have a lot of wash.
Very happy so far, might need to gear down though.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I agree.... I was just using them to try and give me an idea of where i should be. got it dialed in now. 44-45 mph tack speed. 8350-8400 rpm at 6500 feet.

snobyrd

Reaction score
Every stock 13 pro in my group would do 41/42 mph all year in deep sno at wot, the 12s were like 37/38 mph all year in the same sno conditions, sure if the sno was set up or lots of traction there was more to be had but in bottomless deep snow the speeds I posted are as good as it get .
I installed bmp kit and I've got 1 ride on it so far and I'm pulling 71 grm SLP weights and into the 15s in midrange fuel and 10s on my top end, I tried these numbers last year with my rk kit and all it did was fall on its face, I ran with just a few percent of fuel.
ill post my performance gains tomorrow after I ride in real deep sno conditions at crow foot. My seat Dyno and gages tell me I'm Makin some serious power, my egnine temps are 110 to 120, acceleration is very strong and hard and im hitting 8300.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hope people know that anything with a quick drive reads jackshaft rpm not driveshaft rpm. ratio & drive changes render your speedo useless.

rmscustom

Reaction score
Kelsey,
You want to expain to me what I'm missing not having a cyl shim because I ordered my kit a month too early??? Even though I asked If I was getting the latest kit or if I needed to wait to order. Really happy with what I got but I think I should of got the latest version ordering in mid Oct. Maybe explains why you dodged my case volume question I asked?

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kelsey,
You want to expain to me what I'm missing not having a cyl shim because I ordered my kit a month too early??? Even though I asked If I was getting the latest kit or if I needed to wait to order. Really happy with what I got but I think I should of got the latest version ordering in mid Oct. Maybe explains why you dodged my case volume question I asked?

???? Are you saying his kit is coming with a spacer now? I looked on the web site and did not see any mention of one.

rmscustom

Reaction score
???? Are you saying his kit is coming with a spacer now? I looked on the web site and did not see any mention of one.

Yes, new kit called rev2 has spacer. Runs similar fuel box #s to his 858 which tells me it has way more power than the rev1 or the one without a spacer. This happened pretty quietly and apparently he doesn't wanna talk about it.
Also has a new piston from wossner.

Last edited:
Top Bottom