RK TEC Drop in Kit Help

snobyrd

Reaction score
Kelsey,
You want to expain to me what I'm missing not having a cyl shim because I ordered my kit a month too early??? Even though I asked If I was getting the latest kit or if I needed to wait to order. Really happy with what I got but I think I should of got the latest version ordering in mid Oct. Maybe explains why you dodged my case volume question I asked?

I was in same boat last year, I bought a programmer from him because he hadn't tested his kit in a 13 and wasnt sure if i needed a box for 3000', only to find out i didnt need it.
I pulled his kit out and now am using a bikeman kit with a pipe and it needs lots of fuel.
so far as I'm concerned he should send u the up dated kit at his expense.

rmscustom

Reaction score
I was in same boat last year, I bought a programmer from him because he hadn't tested his kit in a 13 and wasnt sure if i needed a box for 3000', only to find out i didnt need it.
I pulled his kit out and now am using a bikeman kit with a pipe and it needs lots of fuel.
so far as I'm concerned he should send u the up dated kit at his expense.

Don't get me wrong what I got runs really good, huge improvement over stock that I was running last year and my 13 definitely needs a fuel controller.

snobyrd

Reaction score
Mine ran strong but it wouldn't back shift, it would rev to 8400 hit a load fall to 79 and creep to 8000
I got the tied , I used stock pol weights as I was told to use, I tried 4 sec springs nothing would hold rs so I removed the kit.
I installed a bmp kit and have awsome results. All I did last year was wrench to try make my kit work with no success.

rmscustom

Reaction score
Rooster weights, stock everything else. It holds 8350-8400 all day long. Fine tuned the box on day 2 and haven't touched it since.

RK Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.2strokeheads.com
There are many threads on every major snowmobile forum and new ones popping up, every week, talking about the Drop In Kit and how well it is running. People very happy with the results and these come for all venues.. Performance Shops, Dealers, and Riders.. all with the same positive results..

Then you have 1 GUY who goes out of his way to post derogatory results and other "un-related" comments about his experience... While ALL experiences are noteworthy and important, it is odd that with all the positive comments that there is the one "main-stay" ??

I think it is safe to say that when you have an over-whelming high number of "positive" comments and 1 SINGLE "negative" comment.. that the problem with the negative is unrelated to the product.. Just sayin....

I do appreciate all the positive feedback regarding the products and do like to hear about ANYBODY who has had any negative experiences with ANY of our products...

But ,there is a proper channel for ALL customer support... and while many may THINK that public forums are the proper channel for support.. they are NOT.... The PRIMARY channel for ALL support is, and always will be, the phone line!! Email is also a great channel but with the 100's and 100's of emails received everyday, they can get missed...
So, PLEASE, use the PHONE. It is monitored 5 days a week and the spoken voice will ALWAYS be a more effective means of communication.

Again, thanks to all for the positive feedback. Always nice to see...

Last edited:

michaud2307

Reaction score
Kelsey I spoke with u last week about my 858 big bore .. The area I usually ride is between 1600 to 6500 feet.. My sled just runs like crap on the way up or down.. U told me to keep adding fuel on lower elevation but it only makes it worse.. I also got told to mix a bit of av gas see if it helps with no luck.. Tryed the ethanol mode on way down with no luck either.. Around home 2000 feet it runs flawless .. When I first tuned my boondocker chip around home I got it pretty good then looked at spark plug and they were golden .. I also took the head off to look at piston to find a lot of crusty carbon on mag side piston and both plugs are looking crusted black ..I took the compression to find only 105 and 100 ..Not sure what's going on with it but not overly happy yet.. My sled runs like crap where I go riding.. I'm hoping that u will take the time to help me fix the issue .. Also the mag side piston has a few punch like mark on top of it ( detonation maybe?? ) I usually ride every weekend and now I'm scared of taking it out .. Could it simply be the wrong head for my elevation? Please help I love riding

Sent from my iPhone using

RK Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.2strokeheads.com
Kelsey I spoke with u last week about my 858 big bore .. The area I usually ride is between 1600 to 6500 feet.. My sled just runs like crap on the way up or down.. U told me to keep adding fuel on lower elevation but it only makes it worse.. I also got told to mix a bit of av gas see if it helps with no luck.. Tryed the ethanol mode on way down with no luck either.. Around home 2000 feet it runs flawless .. When I first tuned my boondocker chip around home I got it pretty good then looked at spark plug and they were golden .. I also took the head off to look at piston to find a lot of crusty carbon on mag side piston and both plugs are looking crusted black ..I took the compression to find only 105 and 100 ..Not sure what's going on with it but not overly happy yet.. My sled runs like crap where I go riding.. I'm hoping that u will take the time to help me fix the issue .. Also the mag side piston has a few punch like mark on top of it ( detonation maybe?? ) I usually ride every weekend and now I'm scared of taking it out .. Could it simply be the wrong head for my elevation? Please help I love riding

Again, This is not the medium to use.. But since you sled runs flawless at 2000ft then you must have a fueling issue at the elevation where you ride (still not sure where that is at??)) The kit did NOT change from 2000ft to ???ft.. Correct.. so, we need to see what is causing it to run poorly at ???ft//(still dont know wher that is at)

NEXT: "runs like crap" Could you please elaborate?? Details are needed to troubleshoot..

Pics of this Mag piston with "marks on top" maybe helpful... So try and get the pics of both pistons when you pulled the head.

Also neeed to know:
1) ANY and ALL aftermarket additions added to the sled (no matter how small).. EVERYTHING!!
2) Boondocker settings you have installed
3)Boondocker mode you are running in??
4) WHO YOU ARE and where you are located... Aliases simply do not work well for info..

OK, lastly, ALL this info should be presented via email-->... NOT IN THIS THREAD...

I look forward to hearing from you..

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good morning Kelsey,
I talked to Trevor about your advice for my Dragon. Just want to say "Thanks"
Doug

bbecker17

Reaction score
Yes, new kit called rev2 has spacer. Runs similar fuel box #s to his 858 which tells me it has way more power than the rev1 or the one without a spacer. This happened pretty quietly and apparently he doesn't wanna talk about it.
Also has a new piston from wossner.

where did you hear this from?

geo

Reaction score
Hmm, Fact or fiction. MYTHS or facts.

Sometimes it takes years to develop a kit with a few revisions along the way.

Sometimes you nail it the first time and then years later everyone else has a copy of it to prove you nailed it.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just looked up my map and the parking lot is at 600 m

U still live in edson??? we are at about 3100ft. if yah cant get ahold of Kelsey, Call parkland Motorsports, those guys are pretty good with Pro mods, and will do what they can to help.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't believe I read this whole thread. In regards to the very last post: Understand a Boondocker controller is a "piggyback" unit, meaning it will manipulate fuel delivery based on what the ECU is getting for info. As the end user, YOU are responsible to determine if the sled is rich or lean, and this is dictated by temperature and elevation. RKT doesn't live at 2000', and I'm willing to bet the air density guage reads a bit different as well in Idaho. So the end user has to be responsible for tuning and adjusting for different conditions...end of story. I used to get several PM's asking for my BD numbers, even though the mods we were running were not the same. You have to realize that EVERY engine is slightly different, too, which will become apparent when loading a generic tune. Once you have determined if you're rich or lean, adjust the box accordingly and your sled will run as it should. If you're not willing to spend the time tuning, leave it STOCK.
As a side note: Although I am not running an 858 kit (or a Polaris 800 for that matter), I have used RK Tek products in the past and have had good luck with them. So before you jump on the bandwagon bashing a vendor, perhaps spend some time learning how to tune your ride, or take it to a qualified tuner, which WILL cost some $$$.

Top Bottom