Riser Length???????

Captain Undies

Reaction score
Hey im just wonding who out ther would know how big of Riser I can go with on my 08 M1000 without having to get new cables and brake lines etc. Is it 4 inchs or mabye only 3? i dont know. Also If I do go to a bigger riser and need new cables and lines, who out ther could direct me to where is a good place to get them for the M1000 and who is knoledgable about that so I dont spend money and time on things I dont need.(yea I know my spelling sucks, thats why im not a teacher!!!!!!)

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rox 3 inch..have one on my M8 and M1000.....3 inch is high enough for most...I would not want to go any higher

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I went 4" but I had to reroute my throttle cable to the other side of the bulkhead and adjust the brake cable a bit, been riding for 2 years no problem.

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a three and a half ROX on my 07 M8 with a little re-routing all cables worked with room to spare, but I also would not go any higher.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey im just wonding who out ther would know how big of Riser I can go with on my 08 M1000 without having to get new cables and brake lines etc. Is it 4 inchs or mabye only 3? i dont know. Also If I do go to a bigger riser and need new cables and lines, who out ther could direct me to where is a good place to get them for the M1000 and who is knoledgable about that so I dont spend money and time on things I dont need.(yea I know my spelling sucks, thats why im not a teacher!!!!!!)

I put the adjustable riser bar that is on the 09 M's best of both worlds. down low for trail riding sitting down. or extended for the stand up or mountain riding. worth the money no cable extensions required. had to reroute the trottle a little and pull up some slack for the break line. other than that an good fit

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3" riser block, reroute throttle cable, un clip brake cable beside brake, zip tie foam and pad back on, about 20 min no problem, riser block should be around $50

hopper146

Reaction score
I did the '09 telescopic update too. I think its good for about 4 inches. No problems with the cables etc, Parts are just under 300 canadian. Works great. And....I just happen to have a spare one......couple hun canbucks and its yours...lol

Top Bottom