Riding west of Rocky?

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are planning a rip from around Saunders to Big Horn tomorrow. (Sat)
4 XP's, couple Hams and maybe a Mav.
Hope it's nice out for our first trip in my XP.

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went out for a ride today behind Phyllis lake. On our way back to the trucks, we seen a fairly large grass fire. Luckily someone called the Caroline fire dept. They were very quick to respond and extinguish the flames. High winds caused it to spread very quickly. There were a lot of vehicles parked in the dry grass close by that would have been lost. Although there is still snow in the trees, the open areas out west are very dry. Not sure what started the blaze. I won't be parking my truck in the dry field anymore.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went out for a ride today behind Phyllis lake. On our way back to the trucks, we seen a fairly large grass fire. Luckily someone called the Caroline fire dept. They were very quick to respond and extinguish the flames. High winds caused it to spread very quickly. There were a lot of vehicles parked in the dry grass close by that would have been lost. Although there is still snow in the trees, the open areas out west are very dry. Not sure what started the blaze. I won't be parking my truck in the dry field anymore.

The guy driving the white truck was having a wiener roast with his kids...Everyone makes mistakes and he was pretty upset just glad it got contained.

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guy driving the white truck was having a wiener roast with his kids...Everyone makes mistakes and he was pretty upset just glad it got contained.
Well great job by the Caroline fire dept for getting there quickly. Thanks.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well great job by the Caroline fire dept for getting there quickly. Thanks.
Was the heli there when you went by? We were discussing if the guy would get fined, and have to foot the bill? Not sure how that works.

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was the heli there when you went by? We were discussing if the guy would get fined, and have to foot the bill? Not sure how that works.
It just showed up as we were leaving. Not a small one either! I don't know about costs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 191

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And another grass fire on the same pipeline about 20 miles north at Southfork...same day. RZR101 and myself were quite happy we were parked on the side that didn't burn....would have been a nice surprise coming back from our ride to a burned up truck...

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As idiotic as it was to have a fire on a windy day like that I felt kinda bad for the guy, just trying to have a weiner roast with his kids. Somehow I knew I wouldn't be the only S&M'er to see it haha.

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the empty mud holes aren't so empty anymore after the well needed rain. Great day riding out on rig street!

Top Bottom