Riding west of Rocky?

ChrisG

Reaction score
Hey guys im wondering how much snow is still on the ground west of rocky, horburg area. Also, wondering if there are still sledders using trails out there. A few of us are wanting to do the first bit of the rail line on quads. I know its abit early but we have a baaaad case of cabin fever. Any input would be great.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Them hills will be dicey.

Clay hills are bad wet.

Also might drop through ice on somewhat frozen stuff

sent from my HTC while working

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guys where riding atv's around caroline and cow lake.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some friends went to south fork last weekend and there was to much snow to quad then

KauterizE

Reaction score
I am looking to find others to ride with this may long weekend coming up...interested in arranging something?

spspete

Reaction score
I'm going the next weekend. Camping at Outwest and going from there. Never been in this area before so it ought to be interesting.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have fun. There is still 2 plus feet of ad of yesterday out there

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some friends went to south fork last weekend and there was to much snow to quad then
I heard they put a bridge accross the creek on the transmission line at south fork. Any idea how wide it is? +64" i would hope if they expect riders to use it.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy that is working rigs in the nordegg area posted on fb that they got a foot of snow on the weekend

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep.

Over a foot to the south of nordegg.

crmxgirl

Reaction score
I went for a casual drive today and stopped in at both horburg and saunders along the way out west. Still quite a bit of new snow even in the horburg area. We did a ride on easter weekend at jackfish lake as well and the trails were ride-able but still lots of snow on anything not getting sun. Also drove the forestry trunk road today south from nordegg past ram falls, coming out by fall creek and strachan. Same story there, but I saw a few trailers parked and a few tracks but I can't imagine you'd have much luck climbing some of those hills.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went for a casual drive today and stopped in at both horburg and saunders along the way out west. Still quite a bit of new snow even in the horburg area. We did a ride on easter weekend at jackfish lake as well and the trails were ride-able but still lots of snow on anything not getting sun. Also drove the forestry trunk road today south from nordegg past ram falls, coming out by fall creek and strachan. Same story there, but I saw a few trailers parked and a few tracks but I can't imagine you'd have much luck climbing some of those hills.

Ya when we came back from onion lake last Sunday there were a few tracks at base line.

One was a dirt bike. Stayed on the road a long ways and every time it went off the road it was planted and had Brown dirt spit everywhere. Funny as we came back from sledding

It's not time to ride summer stuff yet

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been out to cutoff creek a couple of times already , good riding and the bull trout are hungry.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been out to cutoff creek a couple of times already , good riding and the bull trout are hungry.

Since the last 2 weekend's tho ??

Hummingbird got 2 feet 2 weekends ago and over a foot last weekend.

It's deep even for a sled.

Now that the temps gone up it will get better

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never got my invite to ride down there this year..... Maybe we were to hard on Larry when he fell in the river.....

probably the same this time too, trail in will be a disaster.

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366944111.616143.jpg

Top Bottom