Riding the Dragon

xxx

Reaction score
just thought i would throw in a little BS as i dont have a motor idea for my knew mod sled maybe i should start a thred on this

GRD

Reaction score
Rode a dragon 800 163 and dragon 700 155 this weekend in Sicamous. Both very nice sleds and easy to handle...

GRD

Reaction score
Tell more on the D-8 !!!! :confused:

The D-8 is light and powerfull... Easy to move and turn... Didn't get to see/feel it climb as much as I wanted, due to visibility on Sunday... Feels similair to your 900, but not as much torque... Night and day compared to my 04 800 RMK VE

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mike its chris from kal tire the d8 is the best sled i have ever ridden.I logged over 1200 km in 2 months in the hills no problems at all.O big deal so the track skipped once or twice on decell it was just a little loose.Gearing needed to be changed to 19/42 and side pannel venting a must.I ran a slp single pipe and pulled 64 grams all day long. I loved it so much my mod sat in the trailer all winter.Yes the seat is to slippery new one is comming soon.I just installed a BD pump gas turbo kit and ran it at allen creek last sat and its works nice rippppppppps. call me any time at work to bs or let me know if you want to come and see it at home and if you want to take it for a rip let me know when you are going and we will hook up.I will be riding every second weekend from now till april

Chrisco

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
The D-8 is light and powerfull... Easy to move and turn... Didn't get to see/feel it climb as much as I wanted, due to visibility on Sunday... Feels similair to your 900, but not as much torque... Night and day compared to my 04 800 RMK VE

... Out of the box, The 900 .... With some clutch & down gearing work...... They are very impressive !......Hard pullers for the over weight as per some say !... :eek:

TheRedDragon

Reaction score
Last year my buddy and I both bought 163" Dragons, him an 800 and myself a 700. I had a new M8 as well that I had to ride for a bit because I broke my A arm on my Dragon on the first ride. The next trip I finally got to ride my Dragon and after getting on it and riding it for a couple hours, nobody was gonna take it away from me. I havn't rode my M8 since, no real complaints I just prefer the Dragon. One year of riding and we have had no problems. I just bought another '08 Dragon this year, this time a 155. I am a new rider so it's hard to critique the sled, but I do find the Dragon tippy a bit, well, let's just say it's easier to pull over than my M8 which sits low. I don't care for the running boards, I have a hard time getting a good grip on the edge. But as far as complaints, it stops there and they are just minor things. They have lots of Power, and pop up out of the snow pretty good. My buddy tried challenge a couple XP's but no takers, so head to head I can't say how they compare. I also find them very good on the trail. Oh, and the belts are kinda pricey. My buddy just bought a new one so I can't wait to see how it runs.

SLEDHEAD 900RMK

Reaction score
Hey Mike what was the best gearing and clutch work you talking about. To make the 900 pull better. Wanted to try something different. But not sure were to start.:rolleyes:
Thanks

bubba700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same chasis dif motor, put 1000 miles on a D7 last winter and after that many miles and spending time on revs, xp, and a an M or 2 this is what I found.
Yes the seat is slicker than dog snot. you dont ever really throw a knee on the seat though. Its more of a keep your feet planted and shift your weight to throw it around. No need to throw both feet on the same side even side hilling. It loves counter-steer. It needs to be geared down to at least 19/41 if not to 19/42. Vents are a must on the clutch side, Run scratchers cause they eat hyfax and yes I ride tons of dry powder above 8k feet. It is the most responsive chasis on the snow. The m's are the most similar riding sleds but are as easy to ride well. Buy it and ride it like you stole it!

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Hey Mike what was the best gearing and clutch work you talking about. To make the 900 pull better. Wanted to try something different. But not sure were to start.:rolleyes:
Thanks

SLEDHEAD 900RMK.... Not sure what the BEST setup is butts I running 60-46-46 & geared it to 19/42, Never did change the weights, Some guys do. That few changes are good enough for me.... Woke it up alot. :beer:

GRD

Reaction score
I'll be able to tell you all about after this season!:d

Top Bottom