Riding solo

rayf01

Reaction score
Curious to know how many people go out solo? Heading out today by myself. Should be others there if I run in to trouble and need I hand I'm betting though.

Was just a thought.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never again. Got lost up by Rig Street two years ago riding trails ended up getting stuck in the middle of a cut line a long way from the road without a winch. Finally lifted the front End out and got unstuck. Still was lost as fawk. Eventually found a hippy camp(they were literally out there to plant trees) was about out of has so had to get picked up there and load the quad. 30 minut ride turned out to be closer to 4 hours.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to when I first got my machine and had no ridding buddies. It kinda sucked because I tried to be as safe as possible which meant I didn't venture off too far, kept my speed down, and avoided riding anything that was any fun - mud, hills, etc.

Kelzon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never again. Got lost up by Rig Street two years ago riding trails ended up getting stuck in the middle of a cut line a long way from the road without a winch. Finally lifted the front End out and got unstuck. Still was lost as fawk. Eventually found a hippy camp(they were literally out there to plant trees) was about out of has so had to get picked up there and load the quad. 30 minut ride turned out to be closer to 4 hours.

No Way.....A Kawi stuck :rolleyes: You told me that didn't happen ! I would have ridden right by......as i am on a Polaris. ;)

Kelzon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's when I was riding a 350 ES Honda! Damn guy though kawis got stuck:rolleyes: :d:beer:

First a Honda now a kawi your on your way up.......you'll get to the top and ride a Polaris one day ! :)
You can't change the story every time i catch you Stuck on that Kawi ! :nono:

crater

Reaction score
make sure there's something that the winch can reach before you try that mudhole:rolleyes:

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once in a while I'll go for a ride alone, let the wife know exactly where I'll be and what time I'll be calling her once I hit cell service. Helps too during the day if I'm up high enough to get coverage to give her a shout. I don't do the really technical trails I would with a buddy and just take it easy. I've found many hidden trails in the trees when I'm riding slow and actually taking in the scenery around me! :D

Probably going to get a SPOT this year since I work 4 and 4 and don't always ride with the same crew who I used to when I was 5 and 2.

Top Bottom