Riding Radium area over New Years

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are heading out to the Radium area to do some sledding with the family over the new years weekend. Will be our first time riding in the area. 2 of us have been riding the mountains for a while and the other 2 are newbies but have been snowmobiling for many years. They will be riding 700 rmk 155's. So not going to be lacking sled. Just wondering what the best area would be for a group like us to ride. Maybe a place with more meadows, smaller hill climbs and a nice trail ride in. I have heard forester is a good place to ride. Let me know your opinions.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The first day for them go up the Toby creek trail ( also known as paradise area). It's up the road to panorama in invermere. Then u can do forester after. That's what I used to do when my wife came out. It's a real good trail up too

Sent from my HTC- using Tapatalk

Last edited:

groomergirl

Reaction score
We are heading up for a couple days over Christmas and haven't been to that area before either. Thanks for the tips.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere in radium, fairmont, invermere that you can rent a couple beacons? Fairmont preferably as that is where we are staying.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That I don't know. I rent them from home here

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been doing some research and it seems the best place for us to stage when riding forest is at dogleg. We have a 26" enclosed. Also wondering how long the trail ride from the staging area to the cabin is? I have read that its 20km and that its 40km. Not sure what is right.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail up is 20ish kms, you ride to the 40 something km marker...but leave the truck at about 17.

They rent beacons at the Esso in Radium :)

Parking at Dogleg is good if you're packin a big trailer...but if the road is good going to the other staging area isn't bad, really depends on the road conditions which one you stage at. About 6kms dif in riding I think from the Dogleg staging.

Paradise Mine at Panorama is a nice, short day trip. They run tours up there, so there could be a group or two up there too. The area is small, has a cabin that Toby Creek Adventures maintains, they do the trail too. Generally you stage at the Toby Creek rental yard and pay them a trail fee, park in their lot. Some peeps find a spot to park and make their own way up. It's a beautiful area, but not alot of riding right at the basin. Good place to get your groove on before heading to another area though :D

Have fun! Pray for snow, we need it!!!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail up is 20ish kms, you ride to the 40 something km marker...but leave the truck at about 17.

They rent beacons at the Esso in Radium :)

Parking at Dogleg is good if you're packin a big trailer...but if the road is good going to the other staging area isn't bad, really depends on the road conditions which one you stage at. About 6kms dif in riding I think from the Dogleg staging.

Paradise Mine at Panorama is a nice, short day trip. They run tours up there, so there could be a group or two up there too. The area is small, has a cabin that Toby Creek Adventures maintains, they do the trail too. Generally you stage at the Toby Creek rental yard and pay them a trail fee, park in their lot. Some peeps find a spot to park and make their own way up. It's a beautiful area, but not alot of riding right at the basin. Good place to get your groove on before heading to another area though :D

Have fun! Pray for snow, we need it!!!!

Ya that's y its a good first day ride for newbees. They have hot chocolate up top just have to warm up some water.

Sent from my HTC-using Tapatalk

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One last question for now. What is there for gas stations in farimont and radium? Is there a shell?

Top Bottom