Riding on the Blindman - Copy of post from the Mud Pit

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought this should be posted here for those who don't look at the Mud Pit forum very often.

Couple notes on the Blindman....

Lots of traffic over the past few days & a bit scary on some of the corners. Some of the guys out there are going to cause a wreck. Won't let my kids on the river unless I'm leading - too many on the wrong side and drifting at full throttle around the corners.

If I'm on the river and meet you, look for hand signals, I'm not giving you the finger, but just indicating how many sleds / quads are behind me. Would be great if everyone else would do the same.

If anyone needs a staging area or wants and Emergency stop location West of blackfalds for the future, send me a P.M. Always happy to help.

Enjoy everyone.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We almost had a few head on crashes today with other groups riding on the wrong side
great day for a ride bu for some reason the mt was closed also,closed tomorrow if any one is heading to Bentley

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at the best of times it is a dangerous ride, for some reason people think it's cool to cut the insde corner at mach chicken, someone is going to get killed.

4roddin

Reaction score
I agree that it is long overdue for a headon wreck but at the same time how safe is it to ride on a river that never properly freezes with a bar at the other end. I use the blindman for two things, pounding beers and doing mach chicken. Would I take my kids on the blindman for a sunday cruise???? Hell no.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was bad 13 years ago,i can imagine its way worse now,

hmm i remember it being real bad 13 yrs ago then all of a sudden it got better hehe j/k med i'll tell ya a guy takes his chances down there seems all these guys are gp moto guys, u might not like it now.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a wreck on the Blindman. Come around a corner on my side of the river and met a kid that wasn't 10 and should have been in school that day anyways flying at me on the wrong side on some sort of a 220 sled with a 340 in it and no brakes. Kid did the panic left right left right thing and I couldn't turn out of the icy ruts on my quad to avoid him. He ended up with some tunnel damage, bruises and piss in his pants and I got a seriously f'd up front frame that wrote my quad off and a dislocated shoulder.
I will never ride the Blindman during the day again. At least at night you can see lights coming. Way to many asshats out there.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a wreck on the Blindman. Come around a corner on my side of the river and met a kid that wasn't 10 and should have been in school that day anyways flying at me on the wrong side on some sort of a 220 sled with a 340 in it and no brakes. Kid did the panic left right left right thing and I couldn't turn out of the icy ruts on my quad to avoid him. He ended up with some tunnel damage, bruises and piss in his pants and I got a seriously f'd up front frame that wrote my quad off and a dislocated shoulder.
I will never ride the Blindman during the day again. At least at night you can see lights coming. Way to many asshats out there.

if they have lights? or have them on

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well not too many people ride on the river at 50km/h + at night with no lights although I suppose it happens.

Top Bottom