Riding Mowers

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
deere.com/en_US/homeowners/products_equipment/utility_tractors/autoconnect/autoconnect.html

New from deere.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
deere.com/en_US/homeowners/products_equipment/utility_tractors/autoconnect/autoconnect.html

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats what i was led to believe as well such is the reason you can get a jd at any home depot now. they are all built in the same pos factory in china and painted a different color once they arrive.
i already killed a jd with the pos kawi engine inm it and will never buy another tractor with the kawi in it. impossible to find parts at a reasonable price or timeline to get them.
such is the reason i am looking to go new now, strongly looking at the higher end cub cadets withthe kohlers, but would really like a small tractor with loader, mower, and tiller. :confused::confused::confused::confused:
all depends how much funding i want from the bank of wife to build a garage this summer.:rolleyes:

I have a kawi engine in my JD......1400 hours now and doesnt burn oil, and runs perfect.......this one is a 20 HP liquid cooled......I had a 16 HP fan cooled on my husky zero turn and I know it had a new engine replaced just before I bought it......and it had low hours on the zero turn.......

the liquid Kawi in in my 91 425 JD......I would say is a comercial grade tractor but I also use it for work.......you get what you pay for! just like the honda engine at princes auto compared to a comercial grade GX honda......you can rebuild and get parts for the GX but try to get parts for low brand honda.......

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
look around and find a deal. I know for a fact that in Grande Prairie you can buy a John Deere Z245 zero turn for $800 less at Home Depot than you can at Prairie Coast Equipment( JD Dealer). Both machines are the exact same.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AS far as i'm concerned and i have worked on alot of mowers. You will generally pay more for a honda lawn tractor but i havn't seen anything built better.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have 2 new john deere zero turn lawnmowers wouldn't have anything else they are well worth the money :d

i've got one you can have, just greenjkunk as far as i'm concerned, get a kabota and never look back at green slime. :eek:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nothing runs like a deere! I love my deere and Im going to upgrade in a bite.......but for now it works great......when I need parts I go see JD..... the new one is going to set me back $22-24 000......but it will do everything but talk to me.....that is a few grand more! lol

buy a kabota and save even more green

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats what i was led to believe as well such is the reason you can get a jd at any home depot now. they are all built in the same pos factory in china and painted a different color once they arrive.
i already killed a jd with the pos kawi engine inm it and will never buy another tractor with the kawi in it. impossible to find parts at a reasonable price or timeline to get them.
such is the reason i am looking to go new now, strongly looking at the higher end cub cadets withthe kohlers, but would really like a small tractor with loader, mower, and tiller. :confused::confused::confused::confused:
all depends how much funding i want from the bank of wife to build a garage this summer.:rolleyes:

did i say kabota?

2 RIDGEBACKS

Reaction score
Just got a new model D160 JD for the 2 acres of lawn works really well,and for the other few acres ive got a kubota with 3pt hitch mower Kubota is way better quality though

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so am i right in thinking imdooin says kubota is the way to go???:confused: not sure i got that right. lol
thats what Grandpa told me when i said i was looking to, said just buy a kubota first then you wont have to do it again. this coming from a hardcore massey man forever.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im a John Deere man when it comes to farm equipment, but their lawn mowers suck. Kabota is an alright mower but I like the SCAG turf tiger

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here ever tried a honda riding mower? I worked on them for years and they are absolutely awesome. I have worked alot of others and i havn't found one that compares yet. I havn't worked on the new kabota's or a scag though so i canmt compare them. I compare them in a how they are built and durability. As far as i've seen so far honda win's hands down.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a honda Comercial push lawn mower.......I will never buy another one........the engine may be good but from the clutch down ......it just flat out sucks.......for $1200 this thing should be a good unit but it has over 12 isues in one seasons use......they can build engines but they should get someone else to enginner and build the platform that the engine goes on! just my 2 cents!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a honda Comercial push lawn mower.......I will never buy another one........the engine may be good but from the clutch down ......it just flat out sucks.......for $1200 this thing should be a good unit but it has over 12 isues in one seasons use......they can build engines but they should get someone else to enginner and build the platform that the engine goes on! just my 2 cents!

What type of issues have you had?

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they dont make honda riding mowers anymore and i have a honda push mower and its a piece of chit well its not really the mowers fault when they pdi it they didnt put an air filter in it and i dusted the motor and now no waranty :cool:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so am i right in thinking imdooin says kubota is the way to go???:confused: not sure i got that right. lol
thats what Grandpa told me when i said i was looking to, said just buy a kubota first then you wont have to do it again. this coming from a hardcore massey man forever.

and you can take that to the bank, trust me, i also say that to all the girls(worked some times):d:d:beer:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What type of issues have you had?

well from day one it had a vibration.......so I took it back and the dealer said nothing wrong with it.....so I used it for a few months everyday.......since it was under warranty......I took it to another deal and they tore it down and said it had the wrong clutch in it......to make a long story short $600 later it is fixed.....now he other things I hate about it are.....the controls get snagged by trees all the time and broke one.....it should have a sheild in front of it......the pull rope gets snagged all the time from the other side......it should have a tube around the rope or leave it short.......the aircleaner broke because of the vibration caused by the clutch, the bag is a pain in the a$$ to put on and since I take it on and off 100 times a day......this really pi$$es me off........for a comercial lawn mower, it has alot of things I dont like and would never speed the money on it again......they should make the engineer from honda use it everyday for a month before they call it a comercial mower! lol and their customer service SUCKS! never again!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well from day one it had a vibration.......so I took it back and the dealer said nothing wrong with it.....so I used it for a few months everyday.......since it was under warranty......I took it to another deal and they tore it down and said it had the wrong clutch in it......to make a long story short $600 later it is fixed.....now he other things I hate about it are.....the controls get snagged by trees all the time and broke one.....it should have a sheild in front of it......the pull rope gets snagged all the time from the other side......it should have a tube around the rope or leave it short.......the aircleaner broke because of the vibration caused by the clutch, the bag is a pain in the a$$ to put on and since I take it on and off 100 times a day......this really pi$$es me off........for a comercial lawn mower, it has alot of things I dont like and would never speed the money on it again......they should make the engineer from honda use it everyday for a month before they call it a comercial mower! lol and their customer service SUCKS! never again!

shheeet overkill 1313, everything you own, just won't run, i was thinking equipment now not so sure, lawn mowers are not supposed to be for tree cuttin, that's what the sled is for:p

Top Bottom