Riding in Radium

slabm7

Reaction score
Does anyone have any locations and/or maps. THX.

We rode Radium on the weekend, we rode forster on Saturday and Mcdonald Creek on Sunday. Forster is meadows and hills, the snow was ok but could use some fresh stuff. If you get to the back of Forster and get up to the lakes it was nice riding up in there, Deep snow and not many people go there, its a decent little climb to get in there.

Here is a map of the area's

To get to Forster staging area- Go into Radium and head toward the CanFor Sawmill, once you get down the hill to the mill take a left on Horsethief creek road, stay on it till you get to the stop sign, take a right there and it will take you to the staging area. Here is another link to areas.

Hope this helps.

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Radium on the weekend, we rode forster on Saturday and Mcdonald Creek on Sunday. Forster is meadows and hills, the snow was ok but could use some fresh stuff. If you get to the back of Forster and get up to the lakes it was nice riding up in there, Deep snow and not many people go there, its a decent little climb to get in there.

Here is a map of the area's

To get to Forster staging area- Go into Radium and head toward the CanFor Sawmill, once you get down the hill to the mill take a left on Horsethief creek road, stay on it till you get to the stop sign, take a right there and it will take you to the staging area. Here is another link to areas.

Hope this helps.

Awesome, Thank-you.

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks slabm7 for the info.My wife and I are heading up there early in Feb and have never rode there.We have friends that have built a house in Windermere this year and are lonley out there for company.Let me see,free food and place to stay...sound great to me.Oh ya,great company too....

Have you ever ridden the Toby Creek area by Panarama? If so is it any good? My wife enjoys riding nice groomed trails to the back counrty and I hear they always groom because of the tours.Who,where and how much are the trail fee's?

slabm7

Reaction score
Thanks slabm7 for the info.My wife and I are heading up there early in Feb and have never rode there.We have friends that have built a house in Windermere this year and are lonley out there for company.Let me see,free food and place to stay...sound great to me.Oh ya,great company too....

Have you ever ridden the Toby Creek area by Panarama? If so is it any good? My wife enjoys riding nice groomed trails to the back counrty and I hear they always groom because of the tours.Who,where and how much are the trail fee's?

Sorry haven't ridden any of the Toby creek area. Only Forster and Mcdonald creek. Forster was about a 20km ride in but was excellent trails, freshly groomed and a nice ride. There is a cabin at the end of the trail before you get into the alpine area. Lots of meadows and open area's up Forster and also hill climbing. Myself and a friend I took out who is new to sledding hooked up with raptorracing and his better half, it worked out good, great area for newbies and advanced riders, a little something for everyone. The trail fees for Forster were $10/sled but worth it, best trails I've ridden on in a long time. Mcdonald was all logging roads and trail riding, I'm not sure if it is groomed or not but wasn't when we were there but was smooth anyway. We were exploring logging roads and alot of them led to dead ends and had to hand bomb the sleds around. Lots of nice scenery at Mcdonald, you get into a couple bowls, its an easy ride if you stay on the main trails. I'll definetly be riding Radium alot more.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are a total of 4 cabins at Forester, ski club has 1, sled club had 2 and one above the glacier is a memorial...plack outside of the cabin and it's covered in stone vener from the mountain. Very cool. Haven't been there for three years but it is a nice riding area, deffinatly worth the ride in.. Actually the ski club's "General Store" is also a memorial cabin according to the locals I rode with.

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info people.My wife will be happy to hear.She says the really
rough trails are hard on her "GIRLS".Now we are really looking forward to going.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info slabm7! I've been looking for trail info for Radium for a while!

slabm7

Reaction score
I was just curious if you guys made it to radium and how it worked out and if you explored any other area's? I think radium might be my new destination.

Top Bottom