Riding in Panorama??

Assaulted

Reaction score
Looking for a place to ride (mountains) closer to Saskatoon than Golden or Revy...

How does Panorama stack up??

Other suggestions?

Thanks!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
panorama there is limited riding you have to go into the horsethief and forester creek area for some riding you are only a 45 minute to an hour from golden but silent and rocky point are all good choices as well or a bit south of panorama in the brewer creek area

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for a place to ride (mountains) closer to Saskatoon than Golden or Revy...

How does Panorama stack up??

Other suggestions?

Thanks![/QUOTE

Well Golden is a much easier trip than Panorama and better riding I heard
Quartz/Gorman/Silent all within a hour of Golden
RP

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
golden can be better riding it all depends more people go to golden and revy making the panorama area basicly empty! tons of areas to ride in there like thunderwater lake and a few other spots but panorama is halfway to silent pass and rocky point areas. I prefer both i love riding in golden and i love the riding in panorama area both offer amazing views deep steep powder rolling hills trees to play in or hillclimbing cant go wrong with either place!

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
radium is a top secret area, expect for forestor lol. Dont go stay away. Honestly though there is good riding when there is snow, no crowds, and plenty of places still to be discovered. Last season was not a great year in my opinion, just out of the snow belt and snow levels were below normal.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fernie area is great if you are in the South, much easier drive than going through Banff area.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
agreed on that fernie crowsnest pass and elkford are all great and about the same drive if not shorter from calgary

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am assuming you are travelling the Yellow head if coming from saskatoon, why not keep on going to Valemont or Mcbride? Same distance as Golden from Edmonton. Great areas.

Panorama is about the same distance as Golden from Calgary(3hr). Paradise basin is the riding area and is a good place to ride for a day. Trail is 16km and groomed almost daily for tours.
420013.jpg
[/IMG]

Forester is an hr drive from Panorama(back to Radium) another nice area, 40 km trail in and groomed if the machine is not broken down.
forsterdaytriplehrs008.jpg
[/IMG]

Assaulted

Reaction score
Actually have the option of driving through Calgary or Edmonton. Edmonton is preferred due to the divided highway from Saskatoon, Calgary is two way traffic.

Other issue to consider is that I need a ski hill nearby for my wife and daughter - they prefer to ski rather than sled, so we compromise. Any ski hills near McBride or Valemont?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jasper would be the closest.

Pano would be great for you if the family skis. If ya need someone to ride with let me know when you're coming.

D

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
drive time will be close to the same. The highway to Golden is only getting better.

Golden gets more snow, and kicking horse kills Panorama for terrain and snow..

Both far better than Sask though, so you cant loose either way.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on the ability of your family for skiing as well. Fernie and Kimberley and Panorama are easier and has more easier skiing then Golden. For sledding - nothing beats Golden and that includes Revy--sorry to the Revy lovers...

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
castle mtn also has the ski hill as well they added some new begineeer and intermediate runsa as well as the mtn used to be for experenciend riders only :d lots of great riding in around the pass

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Fernie is the closest mountain destination to Saskatoon...9 hours! Saying that you can't drive a like a little old lady going to a tea party. I said that same statement for 3 days at the Sask Sled show......

You have to go to Speedy Creek, The Hat, and Lethbridge; stay away from Calgary or area.

The 4 lane divided is great. I have pulled many a loaded trailer from Raymore to the Fernie area in under 10 hours. The bonus is only 30 kms of mountain driving (from the Pass to Sparwood)!!!

PM for more information, fs

Top Bottom