Riding In Fernie March 20-21

Gregb

Reaction score
Hi there, just wondering if anyone is riding in Fernie this weekend or where to go? I am going for a frinds bday but most people aren't sledding maybe just myself and one other.

Any help on good places to go would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Greg

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
If your riding you will want to stage from Coal Creek Road just south of the bridge in town. Snow is melting near the staging area and is icy on the way up and slushy at days end. From there you can ride up to the Rolling Hills, The Cabin or wherever you want to go? Maps are available at the Fast Gas location on your way back to the staging area and will show you all of the trail systems and play areas.

You'll want to wash your truck off as soon as you come out of there as that road has some black mud on it that will want to impregnate the paint on your rig. Took $12 just to rinse mine off, but the riding was worth it.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
If your riding you will want to stage from Coal Creek Road just south of the bridge in town. Snow is melting near the staging area and is icy on the way up and slushy at days end. From there you can ride up to the Rolling Hills, The Cabin or wherever you want to go? Maps are available at the Fast Gas location on your way back to the staging area and will show you all of the trail systems and play areas.

You'll want to wash your truck off as soon as you come out of there as that road has some black mud on it that will want to impregnate the paint on your rig. Took $12 just to rinse mine off, but the riding was worth it.

FYI that black mud is coal and in the olden days there used to be hundreds of people (I have heard 3000 but can't substantiate that number) living along Coal Creek just past the staging area.

FSA maps are available at Esso, 7-Eleven, Husky, Ghostrider, Park Place Loadge, and the Best Western for $10 each.

Turn left at the last set of lights (at Rip and Richards and just before the second bridge). Cross the tracks and turn right on Cokato and left on Coal Creek road. Staging area is about 4 kms or just before the green bridge.

Top Bottom