Riding Clinics

SledderX

Reaction score
Would be really nice if someone could make a permanent thread in one of these forums for back country riding clinics that will be happening throughout B.C for this up coming season. Who is putting them on, when, and where as the info becomes available. Seems to be getting very popular and i'm sure there will be lots of interest.
Thanks

snowrideadventures

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowrideadventures.com
Would be really nice if someone could make a permanent thread in one of these forums for back country riding clinics that will be happening throughout B.C for this up coming season. Who is putting them on, when, and where as the info becomes available. Seems to be getting very popular and i'm sure there will be lots of interest.
Thanks

That is great idea, however I imagine that if you don't advertise with Snow and Mud, they will likely remove any posts made by non-advertising operators. For being one of the few high-end operators that actually has the legal rights to operate in the Province of British Columbia, its unfortunate that Snow and Mud fails to understand the insane amount of money it costs to acquire tenure and even more insane amount of money it costs to maintain it. When you have to compete against guys who play by whatever rules they make up for themselves, it is impossible to compete and even survive when all your money goes to paying the Government and they are able spend it on purchasing equipment and marketing. I recommend carefully consulting with your selected operator regarding the legality of their operation before registering for any clinics or tours, if the aren't insured or operating legally, there is a good chance your experience might be a little different than you expected. A list of commercial operators can be found here:

SnowRide Adventures is the operating company of 678590 BC Ltd.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks riding clinics are gay?

probly. i agree with your thought that getting out and riding is the way to learn. especially by riding with people that are better than you. but riding with guys like bret rasmussen, chris brown, chris burandt, cory micku etc etc.......your going to learn something new and see some cool territory and watch some amazing riding. its a worth while experience regardless of how gay you think it is LOL

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For what its worth watching Carl Kuster ride at the XM demo tour was worth the price of admission if I would have had to pay for it. I'll never ride as good as him but I thouroughly enjoyed watching him ride and will be paying this winter to do it again. Anybody that doesn't think they can learn even one thing from a Kuster or Brown or Rasmussen is probably pretty full of themself IMO.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For what its worth watching Carl Kuster ride at the XM demo tour was worth the price of admission if I would have had to pay for it. I'll never ride as good as him but I thouroughly enjoyed watching him ride and will be paying this winter to do it again. Anybody that doesn't think they can learn even one thing from a Kuster or Brown or Rasmussen is probably pretty full of themself IMO.

Amen to that. Photographed for Chris Brown and attended a Rasmussen clinic and they were both absolutely awesome. I guess if you never go you never understand...

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as a farrier i go to 3 or 4 clinics a year to try and better myself in my profession and there has never been a clinic i havent learned somehting all it take is seeing one little trick that the clinician does that can make your life easier and it make it worth every penny spent ... so im sure with sledding clinics its the same all it takes is to see one little trick that burandt or brown or micku or whoever that can make you a better sledder and voila its worth your time and money ... for most people its not usually anything major that needs to change but maybe foot placement or throttle control or whatever little things that you yourself jsut dont even realize your doing until someone points it out

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as a farrier i go to 3 or 4 clinics a year to try and better myself in my profession and there has never been a clinic i havent learned somehting all it take is seeing one little trick that the clinician does that can make your life easier and it make it worth every penny spent ... so im sure with sledding clinics its the same all it takes is to see one little trick that burandt or brown or micku or whoever that can make you a better sledder and voila its worth your time and money ... for most people its not usually anything major that needs to change but maybe foot placement or throttle control or whatever little things that you yourself jsut dont even realize your doing until someone points it out

I see what you are saying with the farrier aspect of it. Any professional development course is a great idea. I used to compete in rodeo in Steer wrestling, calf roping, and team roping. Took a few clinics to sharpen my skills so I could pull a few more checks. Plus, alot of the time it was worth going just for the amount of runs you could take. $300 for a weekend where you can take 20-30 runs a day is pretty cheap practise. But there was a point to it.........I was competing. If someone on here is racing snowcross and took a Carl Kuster clinic to try and get an edge.......great idea.

But for the average mountain rider to take a "clinic". I just dont get it. So lets say you go, and you get 30% better. So what? Is it so you can have the validating feeling of Chris Burandt saying "hey, your a cool dude......youre a great rider." (cough cough......bring 800 bucks and Ill ride with you again). And then you can go home and ride with your buddies with a feeling of superiority? I dont know. To me it goes against what mountain riding is all about. Just my humble opinion.........maybe Im wrong.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see what you are saying with the farrier aspect of it. Any professional development course is a great idea. I used to compete in rodeo in Steer wrestling, calf roping, and team roping. Took a few clinics to sharpen my skills so I could pull a few more checks. Plus, alot of the time it was worth going just for the amount of runs you could take. $300 for a weekend where you can take 20-30 runs a day is pretty cheap practise. But there was a point to it.........I was competing. If someone on here is racing snowcross and took a Carl Kuster clinic to try and get an edge.......great idea.

But for the average mountain rider to take a "clinic". I just dont get it. So lets say you go, and you get 30% better. So what? Is it so you can have the validating feeling of Chris Burandt saying "hey, your a cool dude......youre a great rider." (cough cough......bring 800 bucks and Ill ride with you again). And then you can go home and ride with your buddies with a feeling of superiority? I dont know. To me it goes against what mountain riding is all about. Just my humble opinion.........maybe Im wrong.

Money has been blown in this sport on alot stupider things Deaner. Lol. If it makes a guy or gal feel better and gives them more confidence I think thats great. Every group has that one soul that looks around when you have to make that big pull or technical line to get out or in to another area. That guy knows he's the weak link. Sometimes I'm that guy. HaHa. If Kuster or Brown can make me look at someone else in the group thats good enough for me. HaHa.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It's not about bragging rights. Wish I could pay to send you to one so you would get it. You think Maxwell's swollen head needed bragging rights?? Everyone pisses and moans about Maxwell's skills and even he admits that clinic was a great experience. Anyway... Nothing wrong with those who go and nothing wrong with those who don't.

Wouldn't hurt to have a section for upcoming clinics tho... There are getting to be alot of them. I'm looking forward the SheShreds Mountain Clinics in Whistler. It will be interesting to see what Julie-Ann Chapman has to offer from a female perspective...

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Deaner, I can only speak for myself and the guys I ride with. We are all very competitive! the Alpha male is always being challanged and replaced. Its kinda hard wired into most humans to be competitive.
We know we're never gonna be in a sled movie or be published in a magazine but when we're on the mountain, we all want to be the guy that climbs farthest, highest into the most difficult terrain we can manage. When we get into the trees we dont play follow the leader, we play lose the follower!
To me thats what mountain riding is all about! neither of us is wrong its just our opinion.
cheers

Top Bottom