Riding At The Lake 5th Addition!!!

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok Glen
Why me, there is a lot of very capable folks out here as well.

I have never been officially asked to start a club, you know we are just a bunch of renegades
out here at the Lake.
Who would groom the trails, over 700 km this year already, no time to start and run a club!!
:cool:

Last edited:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well something a little off topic.
The camera crew from Highway to Hell (Jamie Davis Towing) were pulling out a truck off of High 63 this morning
when I was driving by, the camera guy moved over and filmed me as I went by, I could be famuuuus someday, look for a dirty maroon super duty next year on the show.
:winkmsn:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok Glen
Why me, there is a lot of very capable folks out here as well.

I have never been officially asked to start a club, you know we are just a bunch of renegades
out here at the Lake.
Who would groom the trails, over 700 km this year already, no time to start and run a club!!
:cool:

Just putting it out there Don. You are doing a great job. But for who? You are asking for help sometimes clubs have helpers.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok Glen here's the challenge, they say "If you build it they will come"
So put( Long Lake trail riders) up in the snowmobile club section an see what we get for a response
Just saying
Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well I can't think of what are trails are looking like after the BIG WIND but I will ask all trail
bosses to take a saw or a small chain saw with you on your rides this weekend. I'm working up north so I will not get a chance to
to do any trail clearing.
Please do your part
Thanks
Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well another great day of riding with friends
Boy is there a pile of trees across the trails
See you on the trails, after I change out another front hub bearing
Don

Attachments

• bbb.jpg
    bbb.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
The Big wind did create a lot of work for our group last weekend , trees down
everywhere. Please take the time to move or cut the deadfall from the trails, I will not be grooming until
the trails are cleared, too much for one guy to deal with, so do your part, if you like the trails smooth.
Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
The trails have been packed so hard by the warm weather that I'm not even
riding right now. The sliders on your sled will be melted in minutes with the trail condition today.
Next weekend I will get out with the groomer and see if can break the ice up with the blades, there doesn't
seem to be any snow in the forecast so we will have to use a little imagination to get the trails useable again.

See you on the trails
Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
We didn't get any snow this week so the groomed trails are like pavement, I don't think Scratches will do much for you,
so I will be out on the trails tomorrow with the groomer and see if I can break up the ice by putting the blades down and tearing it up
for you to ride on. The powder that is left out there is not too bad, you can go for a ride once you hit the grazing reserve or the pipe line, but don't be ripping
on the trails too hard or you will be without sliders.

See you out there
Don :cool:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
I was out on the trails today trying to break up the ice on the groomed trails,
had pretty good success, the ice blades on the groomer did a good job cutting the glaze and bringing
some snow back to the trail. Now it's snowing right now but it's not suppose to bring much of a dump.
Will be back out tomorrow.
See you on the trails
Don
Feb 2 930 am
P.S. Well the big dump we hoped for got us about an inch, come on folks get the drums out and start beating them, we need snow!!!!!
:i_need_snow:

Attachments

• feb 1.jpg
    feb 1.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well I was out breaking some new-old trails today, the trail that runs parallel to 831 from the new lake access to the gravel pit road and beyond was rough and bumpy and had a lot of dead fall, not anymore, it's groomed and cleared. It will take a few guys helping to clear some of the willows but very nice now. One of the reasons I did this is the county may reove gravel from their pit across the lake next year and we will need a new trail, so it's time to look at a new avenue.
I always like heading up that way, so now that it's brushed and groomed start using it folks. You take the new road from Long Lake drive go to the top of the hill and look to the north it's right there, you will wind through the bush for about 8 km and come out on the gravel pit road, go east down the gravel pit road for .5 of a km and then look left and you will see where I broke down the grader mound and then follow it out and there is a couple of trails that will take you to the north end of the creek and you will come out at the Steel Bridge. There are several trails on that side of the lake that no one has used this year, GO GET LOST and have some fun!!

Attachments

• new trail 3.jpg
    new trail 3.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 187
  • new tail 1.jpg
    new tail 1.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Glen

You're right Glen, the trails on the west side of the lake have been neglected for the last 10 years and it's time to start
riding them again. In the good old days, back in the eight's we use to go on short night rides out in this area, you were close to the cabin
there was very few sleds except us riding at night. The old 340's and 440's would be a big ride, half the time someone would break down on a 10 km ride, and it would take us 2 hours to go to the Steel bridge and back. The two stroke smoke was thick, the sled seats were not and there was 3 inches of travel in the suspension, Did I call those the good old days, yes I did, and they were. I drove a 340 Yamaha Enticer and Deb was on a 250 Bravo, no handle bar or thumb warmers, but we had a blast.
So now we just have to get the folks out and do a little trail clearing and I will continue grooming some of the trails on the west side of the Lake.
See you on the trails

Don
:sled1: This looks like an old Rupp trail twister

Last edited:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So this is what we started sledding on in 1982, even back then all you needed to do was add oil ,gas and a big smile, that's all
we do when we go riding 32 years later!!:ThumbsupMsn:

Show us your first ride

Attachments

• bravo.jpg
    bravo.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 175
  • yamaha enticer.jpg
    yamaha enticer.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember being back on all those trails when i was kid. My whole family would ride from skeleton lake Meawatha beach across cricket lake and into long lake. Everyone on 340-500. My dad had a 1980 Everest 500 and i remember thinking there was nothing that could touch that machine. I hope we get a bit more snow i would love to tour that area again!

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Folks
Heading further north on the new trail this morning, it's about - 24 this morning perfect trail cleaning temp. I will pull the drag
also and that will smooth out that trail, I know it will be rough there.
The over growth on this trail the further you go north is thick with willows and dead fall so I should get my exercise today.
This trail when completed will be a direct run to the Steel bridge.
See you on the trails
Don :i_need_snow::cool:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well I'm not 50 any more, this day was good but tooooo much work for this guy:cool:
These are some of the new trails on the west side of the lake, they need some pruning but will be nice when
RIDERS do some clean up!!!!!
See you on the new trails
Don

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 131
  • feb 7.jpg
    feb 7.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 136
  • bef.jpg
    bef.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 134.jpg
    134.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 142

arcticcatnoss

Reaction score
Looks petty good, We vein the Lloydminster area, where abouts would w have to travel to o access he trial, is there any off trail riding to be done, Might be something to tryout this upcoming weekend,

Top Bottom