Rider out of bounds - What would you do?

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was riding Quartz Creek on Friday and noticed people riding out of bounds.
What would you do?
A) Wait for them to come out and politely point out there mistake
B) Wave them over to the good side and point out the posted signs
C) Jump in cause the snow looks that much better

Here's a pic using google earth showing the park boundaries. There were a few sleds on the other side of my 002 waypoint.

Attachments

• quartz creek area.jpg
    quartz creek area.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 88

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you know it's really too bad because everybody knows what's gonna happen eventually!!!! :mad: Guys ride there every year & past the Park signs in Cabin Valley too all year even though the signs are right there in plain sight!!!:mad:
There's enuff area to ride there all year with out fugging being retards !!!!!!
These azzhats are gonna ruin it for the good guys & gals

RN

ballsout

Reaction score
Well I tried to arrange a sled trip to northern Norway for a June trip when they still have lots of snow... turns out you can't ride anywhere there except for small, designated snowcross tracks. No riding in the hills at all... truth is, enjoy it while it last cause our riding spaces are going to get smaller and smaller and smaller... slowly our rights and areas will become obsolete.

Currently I respect the riding boundries, but realistically I can see the writing on the wall

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
grab a sat phone and phone the feds:nono: and get a rat-fink award, nobody listens to you anyway:eek:, and they'll learn the hard way:eek:

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would wave them over and point out the sign. There are times when guys first get into to the sport and have no idea there is any boundaries, and just don't take notice of the signs. That happened to me once and another sledder pointed out the signs, I thanked him for it, and am now aware to watch for them.:d

steveo

Reaction score
I would wave them over and point out the sign. There are times when guys first get into to the sport and have no idea there is any boundaries, and just don't take notice of the signs. That happened to me once and another sledder pointed out the signs, I thanked him for it, and am now aware to watch for them.:d

I would the same and if they tell you off or ignore you use the sat phone and rat them out.........i always try the nice way first and the as#$@*# way as a last resort.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
grab a sat phone and phone the feds:nono: and get a rat-fink award, nobody listens to you anyway:eek:, and they'll learn the hard way:eek:

I'm with you on this, I've tried politely to inform someone of there mistake several times before to no avail, now I just report them to the authorities, they had there chance, piss on them now.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with you on this, I've tried politely to inform someone of there mistake several times before to no avail, now I just report them to the authorities, they had there chance, piss on them now.

Thats true, shows the authorities that we're not all a bunch of thoughtless pricks.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question is ---- What did you do?
They were a ways in and I thought about riding in to tell them but then I'm no better. The 2 places where this happened, the signs were very obvious and hard to miss. Next time I'll take more of an initiative and more pro-active. I haven't been riding that long and still feel like a newb myself. I noticed they posted new and big signs in the cabin this year. There's no excuse really.
It did take me a few hours on the web to locate the google earth file showing the boundaries. That should be easier.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the file for GE

Attachments

• BCGov - Administrative Boundaries WMS.kmz
    19.6 KB · Views: 85

torpedo

Reaction score
I would think the more people rat , the more times its brought up to the feds,the quicker it's a problem .I say mind your own buisness ,do what you should ,enjoy riding ,look at the scenery and leave your social problems in the city,instead of [ O look someones breaking the law] how about [ O look a jump I can hit].

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
so but what about u cant say that any longer cause of those couple peeps which got aranged that ure riding area is closed ?
ever thought about that ?
dont think so !!!

i also dont think ure driving in town like a maniac and dont look to any signs !
so why not doing the same while sledding ?
:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

I would think the more people rat , the more times its brought up to the feds,the quicker it's a problem .I say mind your own buisness ,do what you should ,enjoy riding ,look at the scenery and leave your social problems in the city,instead of [ O look someones breaking the law] how about [ O look a jump I can hit].

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Adios torpedo this is not the site for you,, if you think riding out of bounds is ok then you should reconsider your fun factor in the future!!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Ok, and we should mind our own business if we see people breaking into your rig in the parking lot? It's not the authorities that f**k things up for us, it's the people that know the boundaries and break them anyway.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If you do nothing to stop the problem, you are just as guilty. It takes 30 seconds on the trail in to stop and read the sign to learn the boundaries.

I'd be phoning in too. I won't have a sport I love taken away from me by the actions of stupid individuals.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
A few years back we were sledding in Quartz for the first time. We were following the mountains lower ridge and did not see a sign until we were well out of bounds. It wasn't until we were leaving the area that we realized we were out of bounds. We went back to where we entered the area and there were no signs, but it was in a treed area so that was understandable.
There was no excuse for being out of bounds...it was just an accident. If some one would have waved us down and told we would have promptly left the area.
Lets not assume that these people crossed the line with intent. If you had waved them out an they didn't care...then call the the officials.
Me, I wouldn't enter the ares either, if caught..your guilty.
As A fellow sledder I would try and get their attention (which may be difficult) and let them know.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Mr. Torpedo it is attitudes like yours that will close our riding areas down, areas that most of us on this site have worked very hard to keep open. Keep it up and soon the only riding you will be doing is in your back yard reving your throttle thinking about the good old day's when you did have areas to ride your sled:realmad:

Billy Boy:cool:

Top Bottom