Ride for Rene Dec 7 in Sicamous

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Ride for Rene [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Dec 7 in Sicamous [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Last year we lost a member of the sledding community that many people know and were effected by. Rene was very involved with sledding and very well known. If you ever got the pleasure of meeting Rene you knew how passionate he was about sledding and the outdoors. If you rode with him I don’t need to say much else you know how talented he was. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]This Dec 7 Rene’s Brother and some of his best Friends like Brett Joyce and Stew Graham have organized a Ride for Rene. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Anything Rec is going to be giving away a Brand new G4 165 at the ride the ride!!![/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]You do not need to be present to win and all are welcome to join on the ride. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]1 in 250 chances to win. [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]All profits on top of the will he donated to the Sicamous snowmobile club in Rene’s name. [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]If your interested in winning a sled join us at Anything Rec western Canada on Facebook [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where in sicamous is the ride? only seem fitting to go up eagles pass to the fire look out

I remember back in the day he came to golden and helped to recover those 4 sleds in the hope creek avalanche, 2012 I think that was

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where in sicamous is the ride? only seem fitting to go up eagles pass to the fire look out

I remember back in the day he came to golden and helped to recover those 4 sleds in the hope creek avalanche, 2012 I think that was
Don't think you can sled to the look out tho

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hunters Range is what I heard.

He was always quick to help..

SicLoco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shouldnt they put the plaque up Queest and maybe have the ride up there? Being Hunters Range isnt even Sicamous?

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shouldnt they put the plaque up Queest and maybe have the ride up there? Being Hunters Range isnt even Sicamous?

I believe Quest always has something put last year and Stew had put a plaque for eagles too. Rene used to ride hunters range a lot years ago I’m sure Raymond chose that for a good reason.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rene road hunters alot too, plus spent time in summer up around Gordon Sydney cabin, kanaka lake ( he even brought a small boat to fish there and left it for all to use)

The places the guy road is over 200 km squared lol, hard to say one place or the other lol

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My understanding is this ride will be at Hunters near Kanaka. I will try to make it.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Rene road hunters alot too, plus spent time in summer up around Gordon Sydney cabin, kanaka lake ( he even brought a small boat to fish there and left it for all to use)

The places the guy road is over 200 km squared lol, hard to say one place or the other lol

The area where the plaque is to be mounted is below Gordon Sydney Cabin along the water fall as TEX stated.
This is an area where Rene and Ray rode in the early years with their dad. They cut the trail up by hand from near Swansea Point in the summers to ride it in the winters.
It holds very special memories and is the reason it has been chosen for the plaque.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy has/had a place at Swansea Point and we rode the trail up behind the firehall lots. Meet up with Rene and Geoff Kyle up there on many trips to the Gordon Sydney and the trappers cabin along the way. will try to make it out or it.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For anyone interested check out the sled on our page. 1 in 250 chances to win for 70 dollars brand new G4

Top Bottom