rhino....wont turn over ? any ideas

devin

Reaction score
06 rhino different cam bigger piston different carb slight headwork done etc 1000 kms on engine build timing is set at factory setting BUT hard to turn over to get it to start till now it wont turn over more than 1/2 turn what the f***? anybody shed some light:rant:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First thing make sure the battery is up to snuff, if battery is good, pull the plug and try it,.. then post back.

devin

Reaction score
thanks, but it seems to turn over fine without plug in it and battery is charged up,im wondering if its something to do with timing u think

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I wanted you to pull the plug in case there was fluid on top of the piston.

Did this just happen, or has been an ongoing battle since the rebuild.

Could be a number of things, timing, valve set, if its higher compression, could even be a weak starter. When was the last time you load tested the battery,.. does it do it when you put a booster on the battery? How are the battery connections.

Easy to turn over when plug is pulled leads me to believe weak battery, starter and/or connections, but I have been wrong before.

devin

Reaction score
thanks for ideas guys but just so u know it was the decompression springs / weights sticking shut and broken springs very common on 660 engine is what im told

Top Bottom