rhino greaseless overdrive weights

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to be ordering mine here shortly, but wanted to make some secondary spring changes first so I ordered the correct weight for the primary.

Ordered my TCP fan shroud, should be here beginning of next week.

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i want to order a set i just have not, been to busy with fixing what is broken, and what not, i am curious as to some feed back though from people who ride in tough goign

latts55

Reaction score
I have stock weights and i run no grease for last 3000 km no problem lot more take off power. Just a bit noiser and also run hunter works machine sheave beat thing i did

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I changed over last spring (about 2000 km). I used the Hunterworks weights in my stock sheave and went grease-less. I also changed the primary spring to gold. I'm very pleased with the results. Better bottom end take off and of course more top speed.

jayson

Reaction score
I just ordered the overdrive weights, along with the msd ecu. Cant wait to try it out. Would the gold spring give you more bottom end? But would you lose all the top speed from your od weights?

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the overdrive weights, along with the msd ecu. Cant wait to try it out. Would the gold spring give you more bottom end? But would you lose all the top speed from your od weights?

It's going to take you longer to get up to top speed, stock is pretty much EPI orange on a 700, so you could go purple or gold. What weights did you order, because 20gr are stockers, and if you are running a larger tire than 27" tires you should have gotten at least 18gr.

What other mods have you done?

jayson

Reaction score
I ordered the 18 gram weights. I have 26" tires on now, but eventually I would like to put on 27 or 28" zillas.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to order the Hunterworks CDI and was thinking of doing my Primary and Secondary clutches. What do you guys recommend for springs and weights? its a 07 660 with 26" rubber.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to order the Hunterworks CDI and was thinking of doing my Primary and Secondary clutches. What do you guys recommend for springs and weights? its a 07 660 with 26" rubber.

Can;t go wrong with the HW cdi, I'm using it and like it very much

Orange spring and 16gr weights, will keep your rpms's up under load and lower speed,.. helps in sand and mud.

If you are going to use regular yamaha roller primaries I have some never used 16gr for sale.(stockers are 18gr)

Last edited:

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys know if you put a grizzly sheave on your primary it will increase your top end right,,,

and yes the grease less weights were better, we have been using the prowler weights and doing a slight mod to them, on our rental rhinos for years and it makes a huge difference. and they dont tend to get full of crap and scag,, as we also turfed (threw out) the big saucer style plate...

call mark in our service if you want more info...:d:d:d

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So... what about the hunterworks overdrive greaseless weights? i was looking at them, curious if they are worth it. i want more snap, and top end, whats the best set-up. Doing tracks in the winter also, so 16gr wights, orange primary spring and what about the secondary? anything? Should i bother with the sheave?

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So... what about the hunterworks overdrive greaseless weights? i was looking at them, curious if they are worth it. i want more snap, and top end, whats the best set-up. Doing tracks in the winter also, so 16gr wights, orange primary spring and what about the secondary? anything? Should i bother with the sheave?

the sheave is going to give u top end... the clutch kit based on if your running tires or tracks... should give you the power u want. an after market ecu ( electronic control unit) will unleash your limiters and allow more rpm and speed... if you are running the tracks i would suggest the extreme clutch kit from epi (erlandson products inc) it is designed for 28 -30 " tires and works well with the tracks...

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the sheave is going to give u top end... the clutch kit based on if your running tires or tracks... should give you the power u want. an after market ecu ( electronic control unit) will unleash your limiters and allow more rpm and speed... if you are running the tracks i would suggest the extreme clutch kit from epi (erlandson products inc) it is designed for 28 -30 " tires and works well with the tracks...

With tracks you will lose about 30% of top speed, but gain a lower gear ratio gaining more torque.

Orange epi secondary spring and 16gr(including covers) primary rollers. IMO anything over 27" tires you can go with 14gr(including covers) if you like but you will be revving higher,..

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sheave will give you more top end,.. but so will the HW over drive weights. The thing with the overdrive weights is, if you don't like them you are stuck with them,.. as in you HAVE to be sure you order the weight you want.

Top Bottom