rhino discontinued ????

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hi i was at the local dealership with my neighbour who was going to buy a rhino the dealer told him this is the last year of the rhino due to too many lawsuits and deaths it cost yamaha more than they make off these . WHO KNOWS IF THIS IS TRUE :confused:

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would sure suck if this is true... sxs are really fun machines to ride in... Gotta go for a burn in a RZR s this weekend man that thing really gose.. and when you jump it it lands so nice them fox shocks sure soften the landing..... Think Im in love wanna get a rzr now, exept I'd be puttin outlaws on mine..

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guy from the dealer here said they are not allowed to write up sales on any new ones until the safety updates are released from Yamaha Canada and completed...they seem to be a little behind Yamaha in the U.S. for some reason.....

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a line of bulls....t but anythings possible.:confused::... i dont think they would do that. they have too much invested in them, and stupidity on the part of operators, or lack of training:nono: and supervision should not be:nono: the downfall of the rhino.

as far as being behind the USA well duh (lol) were in canada and we always get the left overs even on warranty,

Maybe all the happy rhino owners should send a letter to yamaha expressing there experiences and fun safe storys and maybe we will see the new 4 seater with the 700 vtwin that we all know they have.....

T.:d:d:d:d

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought all the rhinos and stuff had to be equiped with the doors or netting now to keep guys from trying to stick there legs out when they roll ????

rhinoefi

Reaction score
The Rhino's stormed the industry so fast that yamaha is just holding back a bit to let all the other's catch up so it could be a level playing field, " rzr's prowlers ext." lol , a little humor . i have a rhino and have no issues with it I use it more than my quad , safer and more comfy.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well seriously, as a dealer we have no indicators or info that in any way suggests discontinuing the rhino. and as far as the doors and nets go- to save you when u roll it, that in my opinion is a problem # 1, does the ranger and prowler and t rex etc etc have doors? no do you have a roll bar on ur atv? no. its like the Mc donalds, hot coffee law suit, B.S. :realmad::realmad::realmad: if ur that unintelligent or STUPID, STAY ON THE COUCH.......

what happened to enjoyment of these off road vehicles in the way in which they were intended, - maybe there should be a license reqquired.... seriously --as Jeff Foxworthy says .....wheres ur sign...

T...

rhinoefi

Reaction score
Well seriously, as a dealer we have no indicators or info that in any way suggests discontinuing the rhino. and as far as the doors and nets go- to save you when u roll it, that in my opinion is a problem # 1, does the ranger and prowler and t rex etc etc have doors? no do you have a roll bar on ur atv? no. its like the Mc donalds, hot coffee law suit, B.S. :realmad::realmad::realmad: if ur that unintelligent or STUPID, STAY ON THE COUCH.......

what happened to enjoyment of these off road vehicles in the way in which they were intended, - maybe there should be a license reqquired.... seriously --as Jeff Foxworthy says .....wheres ur sign...

T...
you said it all

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure hope that it is just a rumor i really want one, just can't get permission yet.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know if the problem is the people who let the kids operate the Rhino or the lawyers. I'm pretty sure none of these things are sold to anyone under 18. I mean, if I let your 12 year old take my truck for a spin and he rolls it do we sue Chev??? If I roll my truck, don't wear my seatbelt and get thrown out is that a truck defect?? I can roll my sled, ATV or bike a lot easier than a Rhino. Where will it end?? I think if I were the manufacturer, I would be forced to sue the owner for operating the equipment in an unsafe manner and ruining the profitability of my business. :realmad:

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know if the problem is the people who let the kids operate the Rhino or the lawyers. I'm pretty sure none of these things are sold to anyone under 18. I mean, if I let your 12 year old take my truck for a spin and he rolls it do we sue Chev??? If I roll my truck, don't wear my seatbelt and get thrown out is that a truck defect?? I can roll my sled, ATV or bike a lot easier than a Rhino. Where will it end?? I think if I were the manufacturer, I would be forced to sue the owner for operating the equipment in an unsafe manner and ruining the profitability of my business. :realmad:

thank you thank you thank you, just proves that all of us off roaders are not stupid, careless, and un-responsible, people. A little common sense can go along way to save the lives of the unsupervised and innocent kids that are so wrongfully given access and permission to use these off road machines. It would also be helpful that they had to pass a competency test:rant:- like a boaters license, to ensure they at least had the information handed to them after that i agree, let the manufactures sue the ass's off the owner for allowing this to happen, like what would happen if you left a loaded gun on your table, except the off road deaths get more bad press, and you dont see the gun manufactures putting more saftey features on there guns?:rant::rant::rant:

Dont shoot the horse if you get bucked off or punch the guy that sold it to you - just learn how to ride it like its INTENDED... READ THE SAFETY MANUAL, L O O K A T THE SAFETY WARNING LABELS ALL OVER THE DASH.... DO UP YOUR SEATBELT, PROCEED SAFELY

MAKE SURE THE BRAIN IS ENGAGED BEFORE THE KEY IS IN THE IGNITION...

Top Bottom