Rhino 700 Performance

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has done the chip, air intake and exhaust upgrade on the 700. Is it worth the money and what brand did you go with?

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have done the intake kit with the chip on my 06 and it make a huge difference. Mine breathes much better and got rid of my governor. It is a different machine. So I imagine from what I have herd that it is only a positive move and worth the change. I know E&S motorsports has them in stock in Fort Saskatchewan. Talk to Josh and tell him Holder said that he would hook you up on a deal.

Nor-Val

Reaction score
I have an 06 Rhino with all the goodies and find it noisy,( dual FMF exhaust, edelbrock carb, AFE intake, Black Rhino chip, I-shocks) my new 700 I left the motor stock and find it still rips along real good. I am waiting a few more months till they have more options for chips. We ride with a group of 7-10 Rhinos and find the stock ones with chips rip along just fine. I would upgrade the tires and suspension first, the I-Shocks I put on my new one are a huge improvement over even the upgraded special editions from yamaha.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, I've been curious about the real difference between stock and mod. I'm sure mod is better, but is it really that much better. It seems there aren't a lot of options out yet for the 700. I don't have the machine yet but I think I'll wait and see how it stacks up to the others that are modded.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 06 Rhino with all the goodies and find it noisy,( dual FMF exhaust, edelbrock carb, AFE intake, Black Rhino chip, I-shocks) my new 700 I left the motor stock and find it still rips along real good. I am waiting a few more months till they have more options for chips. We ride with a group of 7-10 Rhinos and find the stock ones with chips rip along just fine. I would upgrade the tires and suspension first, the I-Shocks I put on my new one are a huge improvement over even the upgraded special editions from yamaha.

Mine was noisey until I put the quiet core in and still gives me sound ,but not as over powering on the ears.

Last edited:

Nor-Val

Reaction score
I have ridden with pretty much all the other units, and believe me they all have good qualities. The razr rips on the open logging roads, the prowler and ranger are pretty damn stable, but for the riding we do (mountains, narrow bush trails, snow, mud bogs) I found the other units not to be as fully versatile as the Rhino. And when we are poking through the trees and bush, the stockers go everywhere my modded units go. lol. I just sound cooler. lol. Definately research the mods you want to do compared to where you ride, i have taken off alot of stuff I "thought " would be cool but was developed for the dunes or other areas.

grizzly05

Reaction score
I have a new rhino 700 and it peaks at 69klm.Is it goverened ? How do I disconnect the governor? Pete

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a new rhino 700 and it peaks at 69klm.Is it goverened ? How do I disconnect the governor? Pete

I don't know if there is a way to disconnect the governor. If you put on a CDI that will disconnect it but be careful as the CDI will allow the engine to go over the red-line when you put the hammer down.

You can also get the clutch sheave machined to get more top end.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

WOW
that is pretty good. my 700 would only do about 49km nowafter the chip I can get 69km
Not sure if I would want to go any faster as it already gets wobbly at that point

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dynatek CDI, power commander, Dynatek coil pack, machined clutch, with 27 mudzillas/itp rims I can go 80 kms/hr stock tires just about 90. I will let you know how a custom header works with a modified stock exhaust.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dynatek CDI, power commander, Dynatek coil pack, machined clutch, with 27 mudzillas/itp rims I can go 80 kms/hr stock tires just about 90. I will let you know how a custom header works with a modified stock exhaust.

Where did you get your machined sheave at?

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mudboy used a Black Rhino, they are available at T&T in Bonnyville, E & S has one, Hunterworks has a couple as well. I put the overdrive weights in my 700 and left is stock, the max speed is 80km/h. I got the weights from hunterworks , I think the cost was about 150.00.
Don

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an msd ignition/fuel controller, utv inc. machined sheave greaseless rollers and secondary spring of their choice, cant remember. the clutch work really opened me up, the fuel controller is a waste without the clutch work. the biggest gain i have made in my rhino is pulling the box off, i have a lightweight hillybilly flat deck. made a bigger difference than anything else my a long shot

Top Bottom