Revy vs valemount

Carson24

Reaction score
Making the trek out from Ontario,Jan 12 to 19 to Edmonton. Have to make a choice revy or valemount / blue ??. Snow ?? Area ?? Hotels ?? Nightlife ??
What do you guys think.
THKS

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carson, guess ya really cant go wrong. even if you hit bad weather in one area, half a days drive your somewhere else. Vale and revy have good night life, but if you ride hard in the hills your finished by midnight anyway. The snow is about the same in the hills. If ya go to Blue night life is limited to the only bar in town the legion. I would recommend hiring a guide wherever you decide to ride. The hotel you choose will know of one, if not send me a PM and I'll help ya out. If I was you I would stay in vale and travel to McBride and Blue.

Shortcut

Reaction score
If you stay in Valemount, try to book at the Best Western, nice and clean, secure parking. Guide is definately a good idea. Have a great time!

ratatatat

Reaction score
Much less hassle at Valemount and more options to ride with the Valemount areas McBride, Blue River. Driving the TCH and parking in and around Revy is epic to say the least. Night life and food is better in Revy but acceptable in Valemount. Have a good one but mountain riding and avalanche safety are to be taken seriously. Guide ?? it would be nice if there was a guiding standard for sled guides. You have no idea what your getting when you hire someone professing to be a mountain snowmobile guide. There are no guiding standards for sled guides in Canada. A much different situation if you look to hire a ski or climbing guide. This is something the sledding community and particular the commercial sledding community better get sorted out before the regulators impose standards. If your hiring a guide ask for their qualifications then research what they have.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Making the trek out from Ontario,Jan 12 to 19 to Edmonton. Have to make a choice revy or valemount / blue ??. Snow ?? Area ?? Hotels ?? Nightlife ??
What do you guys think.
THKS
I would do valemount and stay @ Best western and travel from there to the hills.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't mind the grammer it was a late night.lol
I also like valemount and move to mcbride or blue. I think you must try blue once I have a guides name if you want that I used and was great..Blue Jewels in Blue.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't mind the grammer it was a late night.lol
I also like valemount and move to mcbride or blue. I think you must try blue once I have a guides name if you want that I used and was great..Blue Jewels in Blue.

hey was that a guide or lift service:d:d:d:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:. which area do you prefer as may have a chance to try valemont

Carson24

Reaction score
Sudbury, Ontario, Thks to all for info / help . Valemount it is. Hope to see some of you guys on the hills. Cheers

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sudbury, Ontario, Thks to all for info / help . Valemount it is. Hope to see some of you guys on the hills. Cheers

As stated above get out and check out Blue River and McBride as well...If you don't know the areas get a guide....you won't be disappointed.

Top Bottom