Revelstoke Sled Rentals.

brendon444

Reaction score
Hey guys, my buddies are heading to revelstoke december 26-30 and was maybe planning on joining them. Was wondering if you guys could recommend a good place to rent a sled or places to stay away from. Also what would be the going rate + insurance I would be expecting to pay.
I have a 04 f7 ext 144x1.3 but im doubting I would be able to get around very good at that time of year, what do you guys think?

Thanks

Kenny_h2o

Reaction score
Can't speak for revy. But when I rented a sled the one time it was 360/day for 800 and I think 300 for a 600.

This was in Valemount, and the DD was 2500. Insurance covers any damage past that price.

It was well worth it because it got me hooked and that year I had my own sled bought and next trip booked.

I rolled it about 30 times down a face... Only 75 bucks to replace a windscreen corner. Good old XP's!

I know revy has like ride and stay packages but they're upwards of 2-5 grand for 5 or 6 days with tours included.

muddmadness

Reaction score
Hey guys, my buddies are heading to revelstoke december 26-30 and was maybe planning on joining them. Was wondering if you guys could recommend a good place to rent a sled or places to stay away from. Also what would be the going rate + insurance I would be expecting to pay.
I have a 04 f7 ext 144x1.3 but im doubting I would be able to get around very good at that time of year, what do you guys think?

Thanks

Call Mark Shaede - Revelstoke Snowmobile Tours at 250-837-1100. He will aslo suggest a place to stay. Avoid the appealing, pretty in pictures, place on the hill to stay and rent. you will be dissapointed. Mark has been on the Mountains for quite a while and one of the best guides in the area. If it is socked in, he will still show you a great day. You will be riding a summit

PJ440x

Reaction score
Call Mark Shaede - Revelstoke Snowmobile Tours at 250-837-1100. He will aslo suggest a place to stay. Avoid the appealing, pretty in pictures, place on the hill to stay and rent. you will be dissapointed. Mark has been on the Mountains for quite a while and one of the best guides in the area. If it is socked in, he will still show you a great day. You will be riding a summit

Ya I wonder if Shaede has a few XM's to rent, he's definitely a Ski-doo supporter...

brendon444

Reaction score
Thanks guys, buddies have a place to stay and have been there quite a few times. Looks like the going rate is around 320 a day plus insurance and fuel/oil by looking at a few online sites I searched for, little more than I expected was hoping for around 250 day everything included.
What are the snow conditions like around that time any chance I would be able to get around with my F7 144 x 1.3 track or should I leave it at home and rent everyday.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would bring it and if you find it is no good then rent, I think you can get around (some). LOL

Kenny_h2o

Reaction score
If you had a track that was maybe 1.75 if say you'd be ok snow conditions permitting. But 1.3 is like ice racer!

muddmadness

Reaction score
Thanks guys, buddies have a place to stay and have been there quite a few times. Looks like the going rate is around 320 a day plus insurance and fuel/oil by looking at a few online sites I searched for, little more than I expected was hoping for around 250 day everything included.
What are the snow conditions like around that time any chance I would be able to get around with my F7 144 x 1.3 track or should I leave it at home and rent everyday.

If you get a blue bird you can ride your machine up top without much trouble. Ive seen short tracks up there and they bomb around just fine. The issue is if it is socked in. you wont want that thing in the trees much. The littlest climb without much momentum will be trouble. But i would bring it.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run the F7 and save the grand+. You will have to watch that you park facing downhill, and wont be making any high marks, but it will get you up and you will see the terrain.

People used to take 121x0.5 MXZ 583 up, including me. I think it made me a better rider as You had to work the machine. It was only 3 years ago I got rid of my 144 Mountain Cat 800, that thing was a billy goat the first years I watched it go(bought used from a buddy)

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I wonder if Shaede has a few XM's to rent, he's definitely a Ski-doo supporter...

Saw both Herb and Mark on XMs last weekend. I'm sure he has a few. Regardless I'm pretty sure all his sleds are Etecs now.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or heck, phone around and check kijiji and buy a track with a slightly larger paddle

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problems with the F7 is that they are 13.5" wide.... That was the first sled I ever ran in the mountains, 128" X 13.5" X 1". Makes you a good rider quick! I'd say bring your sled and if its real deep get a rental. Make sure you clutch it right.

brendon444

Reaction score
Yeah i'll maybe throw it in the trailer if there is room and try it one day see how it works, if not ill get a rental sled. Sounds like its do able to get around with it, not looking to climb or highmark just get around. I've looked for tracks its tough being its 144x13.5 so would have to cut down a 15". Yeah if I bring it i'll probably take some weight out of the primary.

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can rent from over the top rentals in calgary. $250 ish a day. Brand new sleds. Very well maintained. And Tim is a great dude. But then you gotta haul it..

brendon444

Reaction score
Yeah If I rent I would like to be close just incase something happens to the sled I can get another one.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Few guys I ride with has rented from full speed rentals next to peaks lodge. I forget the guys name but he's a pretty good guy to deal with. He was very lenient on returning the sled and I believe the prices were fair. He's got a selection of sleds to rent as well. Plus if u stay at peaks you can store it in his yard. We had rented from glacier house and I don't think they will ever rent there again. The lodge is awesome, good location, but the owners are dicks. Had a buddy break his leg on the hill one day and was late getting home, afterexplaining the situation as to why we were late getting back he still charged my buddy a late fee which wasn't overly cheap. I know it's just business but whatever. I'd Go with full speed rentals.

Top Bottom