Rev XP shocks

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to high jack the thread but why start a new one ......thinking about changing out the rear shock.I put the sled on the ground and the rear seems to sit alittle low,dunno what normal height is from ground to rear bumper but as i said seems little low.
Should a guy go back to the Doo shock or can i put something else in?If so what is recommended?..Thanks

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to high jack the thread but why start a new one ......thinking about changing out the rear shock.I put the sled on the ground and the rear seems to sit alittle low,dunno what normal height is from ground to rear bumper but as i said seems little low.
Should a guy go back to the Doo shock or can i put something else in?If so what is recommended?..Thanks

makes replacements for XP's. I'm not sure how good they are. Looking at the prices (~$1000) it's not much more to look at a whole new skid, in my opinion.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Its likely not the shock, but the springs.

Do you have the "big boy" springs in your sled?

If they are the stock springs, go into your local dealer and order the heavy springs. The likely run the heavy springs on setting 1 or 2 to start out.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
springs are stock,i weight 165 do you think i really need the heavier springs?I wanna check something out on it tomorrow because i just remembered that the rear was on the ground and the front had dollies rear skidded out when i was moving it around.Maybe that's what my issue is never thought about it until now.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
springs are stock,i weight 165 do you think i really need the heavier springs?I wanna check something out on it tomorrow because i just remembered that the rear was on the ground and the front had dollies rear skidded out when i was moving it around.Maybe that's what my issue is never thought about it until now.

Yes take it off all the dollies if you are checking for bagged shocks, and you shouldn't need the heavier springs at your weight.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To highjack this even further, when would a guy need the heavier springs?

i agree the stock ones ride nice, who gives a rip if it sag a 1" or 2". Personally sag is good, keeps tracking and some rebound for when you unload the suspension on hill climbs

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am 155 no gear, I have the stock springs and they are on the max tension setting. Take into account how much gear you ride with, pack weight and such.

Rule of thumb (from all the internet disccusions) has always been if you ride with a weight of 200lbs then go with the heavier springs.

Of course the dollies under the front would force the rear down.

You would want heavier springs to keep the suspension loaded. Some sag is okay but you do want the suspension to drop out when climbing in deep powder.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO try the springs, only $100 if they don't fix what you want, you can sell them for &75 in a heart beat. The shock @ $1000 is a pricey experiment.

My brothers 08 XP 163X had the rear sag from hell. So with no help from Turples..AT ALL!

With had a great deal of help from DaveB. Went with a Smitty drop bracket. which he had one for sale..stiffer springs, had the rear shock cheaked/repressured., and never looked back again. Like a new sled, cost was under $300.

rotaxsummit

Reaction score
put a set of skidoo piggy back race shocks stay away from fox air shocks the junk loose the air your Phu*ed

Top Bottom