Rev XP injection oil

Smurff1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you use Full Syn in my new Rev XP?????

I would think it would be better...
The manual calls for Syn Blend!

What do you guys Know about this?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you use Full Syn in my new Rev XP?????

I would think it would be better...
The manual calls for Syn Blend!

What do you guys Know about this?

yup you can use it,,, everyone has a preferance, some use the blend its also cheaper,
I use the shell advance syn for my doo 800r and all good goes on sale for $32 a jug a few times a year,, I have also used the doo syn but I got sick of paying the crazy money after my buddy left the dealer.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work at a dealer and I'm running the semi syn in the black jug. I have used the full syn in the yelllow jug for seasons but this year I'm riding more and need to save money or my wife will have my ass. At the end of the season, when I clean my rave valves I'll decide if it was a good idea or not. :d:d
I ride a new-model demo every season, as it help us/me with set up for customers, so I wanted to try something else as well.

BTW, the stuff in the newer/taller/skinner/squarer jug is a different blend from a different source that last years oil. The old stuff was castrol, the new I'm told is said to be better.....???:cool::cool:

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never had dirty rave valves using the regular skidoo mineral oil in my 583. In my 800 I run the blend. I would use full synthetic but it sticks too much and I think the blend provides more than enough engine protection.
13000km on the 583 and no signs of oil related issues, unless oil can crack the crown of a piston parallel with the wrist pin.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey smurff, just use the blend or do like john-t and I did buy shell advance when goes on sell I bought a case and runs great. It even says good for SKI-DOO right on the jug....

Smurff1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big reason I asked is that I have a case of Full Syn and
the manual said to use Syn Blend.
Just did not want to use the wrong oil.:eek:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work at a dealer and I'm running the semi syn in the black jug. I have used the full syn in the yelllow jug for seasons but this year I'm riding more and need to save money or my wife will have my ass. At the end of the season, when I clean my rave valves I'll decide if it was a good idea or not. :d:d
I ride a new-model demo every season, as it help us/me with set up for customers, so I wanted to try something else as well.

BTW, the stuff in the newer/taller/skinner/squarer jug is a different blend from a different source that last years oil. The old stuff was castrol, the new I'm told is said to be better.....???:cool::cool:

steel town - I would really like to know what your results are at the end of the season, given the amount of riding you are doing with the blend and how the rave valves look. So who is the new mystery source? Mobil?

Smurff - it should say on your oil tank to use either, atleast on the '09 it says blend or full.

Top Bottom