rev xp break in procedure?

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is there any differences with engine break in on these as compared to later models just curious because of the problems i saw last year

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to much, should be breakin in the belt for 20 km. Just don't be running it wide open for too long. Off and on the throttle to break in the belt. Ridin a new xp this year to and am heading to revy this weekend to break this dragon slayer in.......cheers

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cleaned my clutches and washed the belt before the first trip then rode it like normal, just avoided pronlonged full throttle runs or holding one speed / rpm on trail. Zero issues and no blown belts last year

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool i had a 01 zx800 151 last year but im itchin to see where this 163 can take me have fun this weekend....i also hear dragons are delicious enjoy!lol:d:beer:

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should put 500 ml of semi syth oil in the first tank off of fuel,give the belt 40 to 50 km to brake in and then ride it like you would any other day. BRP recommends to run semi syth oil over fully syth oil as to they want a little friction in the motor.Full syth won't hurt nothing they just recommend semi syth oil , I got that straight from BRP engineer.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
google moto man break in procedure.(Interesting read) I have followed a similar technique and my engines have always been great performers and reliable. 24th seasons in the hills and have never been towed out due to engine failure. Always run mineral oil also.;)

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey no problem i got no snow to run it on yet anyway,but NYTROMAN had a good post on motoman break ins quite interesting;):beer:

Top Bottom