rev vs xp... for real.

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't want some numb nutz comin in here bashin doo's etc.

i'm tryin to decide, if i should upgrade to a xp or just keep upgrading my rev. ride and power wise what's the difference?

i really don't want to read about some guys cool new pro that makes doo's look silly.... :rolleyes: so thanks for not bashing doo's and not tryin to convert me to the "dark side".
:beer::beer::beer::beer:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have both. i think the xp is lightyears ahead of the rev but thats just me. IMO your feet are to far back on the rev which puts your body at an angle to the steering post. not good when you need all your upper body weight centered on the leverage point of the sled.

other than that..

power is not much more if any from rev to xp.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:dsorry had to

I have owned 4 revs,, all great fun,,,

got my xp this year and its a perfect upgrade I also held off and kept with the rev but Im happy for sure,,,,,, does the budget fit??

08-09 xp new track is ideal but hey if your running chalenger lite on the rev any track is better so dont worry lol,, 08's need clutching for sure,,,

what do ya have now? goodies? track?

xp's are cheap now so get one for sure,,,,,

trailer 017.jpg

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont wanna be rude, but why waste money on old technology that really at the end of the day you will not get back?? XP pricing seems to be all over the chart right now but i seen one in the classifieds for 8500 which had a 880 BB on it, though that was a decent price for all the extras it had. As well some stockers i seen down as low as 6500 on kijiji.

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:dsorry had to

I have owned 4 revs,, all great fun,,,

got my xp this year and its a perfect upgrade I also held off and kept with the rev but Im happy for sure,,,,,, does the budget fit??

08-09 xp new track is ideal but hey if your running chalenger lite on the rev any track is better so dont worry lol,, 08's need clutching for sure,,,

what do ya have now? goodies? track?

xp's are cheap now so get one for sure,,,,,

View attachment 84953

nothing to overboard, mcb dual ring pistons, cudney race head, vforce 3 reeds, thing can, 151 camo extreme, it's geared at 17 something, i wanna say 35? i'm not sure gearing was done before i got it, taking it all apart saturday to check. boss seat :d 07 bars.

the upgrades i was planning on would be clutching, and definitely going to at least a 154. i'm in the middle of paying for a truck right now so it'd be juneish when i buy a new one if i do.

dont wanna be rude, but why waste money on old technology that really at the end of the day you will not get back?? XP pricing seems to be all over the chart right now but i seen one in the classifieds for 8500 which had a 880 BB on it, though that was a decent price for all the extras it had. As well some stockers i seen down as low as 6500 on kijiji.

i have NEVER had an issue with this sled other than grenading, but hey i was still in the yard :d i'm not gonna spend that kinda money on something that i find is uncomfortable to ride.

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yeah and what do you get in a xp for 6500? a sled that has been rat bagged to $#!T that has 3000km and is gonna need a rebuild after your first trip to the mountains. :twocents:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i felt like a wimp putting knee pads on mine... kept gettin bruises from that plastic fin thing.

lol,, you need knee pads,, I use a hard shell dirt pads from 661... non negotiable especialy on Rev you have to throw that thing around with your knees dang it,,

I couldnt even ride without em.... well my knees be fugged for sure lol

nice upgrades on sled, ya other then clutching not much left within reason,,,

I say save the money go xp you will be happy I did exactly what you did no complaints,,, as maxwell and oler have also had revs with same story,

its the latest technology and it works,, Im comfy on mine,, you be comfy after five minutes trust me,,,,

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i don't want some numb nutz comin in here bashin doo's etc.

i'm tryin to decide, if i should upgrade to a xp or just keep upgrading my rev. ride and power wise what's the difference?

i really don't want to read about some guys cool new pro that makes doo's look silly.... :rolleyes: so thanks for not bashing doo's and not tryin to convert me to the "dark side".
:beer::beer::beer::beer:

Good thread :rolleyes: :beer: :beer: :d

I have been thinking about the same myself, for the past 2 weeks.
I'm thinking 08, for a few years, to see if the 2012's are that much better???

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
take the fin off,,, mine broke off with my knee bahyahaha

well one's gone thanks to a nice tree limb, gotta stop watching slednecks.

thanks for the input everyone, i think i have a new sled to shop for :d

spitfire340

Reaction score
I have 6000 miles on my '06 and have nearly taken the plunge on an xp numerous times. Especially last year with the etec i thought that was going to be the answer and having to do the motor on my 06 i held off. I ride with lots of xp's both modded and stock my 06 has a stock motor, geared down, cluched and a few other odds and ends. The xp chassis is a power sponge, that secondary way up in the chassis makes it way harder to ride except on the trail. I have yet to see an xp go better than my 06 and have embarrased MANY xp's. XP's have gained 10 lbs per year since 08 and are within 10 lbs of where they were in '07 what does that tell you? I recently bought a pro rmk and it is the best sled i have ever ridden, i am sooo glad i didt buy an etec, i will keep the 06 for a spare. But every xp owner will tell you they are the greatest.

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good thread :rolleyes: :beer: :beer: :d

I have been thinking about the same myself, for the past 2 weeks.
I'm thinking 08, for a few years, to see if the 2012's are that much better???

i'm not ready to go to an etec yet, i think there's still some bugs lurking. i'm thinking 13's the lucky number? ;)
find an o9/10......

seems to be a damn sexy one in classifieds :d i hope it doesn't sell so i can buy it :d but at the same time i hope it does sell... :eek:

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 6000 miles on my '06 and have nearly taken the plunge on an xp numerous times. Especially last year with the etec i thought that was going to be the answer and having to do the motor on my 06 i held off. I ride with lots of xp's both modded and stock my 06 has a stock motor, geared down, cluched and a few other odds and ends. The xp chassis is a power sponge, that secondary way up in the chassis makes it way harder to ride except on the trail. I have yet to see an xp go better than my 06 and have embarrased MANY xp's. XP's have gained 10 lbs per year since 08 and are within 10 lbs of where they were in '07 what does that tell you? I recently bought a pro rmk and it is the best sled i have ever ridden, i am sooo glad i didt buy an etec, i will keep the 06 for a spare. But every xp owner will tell you they are the greatest.

:nono: i'm sticking with doo's. good to hear your not scrappin the 06. i tried poo once, and now i'm stuck with it tore apart in the shop. not impressed. :d

Top Bottom