Rev re wire!

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
K guys ive done some asking and searching for info on moving the switches for the grip heaters, rer, and lights off the bar. Can anyone give me a clear wiring for this iv got the lights figured out, but the rer...ive got the switch from a nos system just not sure the sequence, and the grip warmers ive put them all thru one switch and only the thumbwarmer works, help me help me:confused:
its an 06 rev 800!
and if you have done this please post some pics if ya can!

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
You are doing the same thing i am doing. I have not started mine yet but the NOS switch should work fine. Just meter out the existing switch on ohms on your meter and figure out if its an open or closed contact. It should be open then closes momentarily to trigger the rer. If you cant figure it out i will have mine done by end sept or early october and can mabey help you then. It should be fairly straight forward if you understand switches and multi meters.

grahamkomada

Reaction score
Head into an electronics supply store, and pick up a push button on off switch for the rer. Also search the dootalk forum. If you navigate to Rev Mountain chassis sections and type "switches" in the search bar you will find a couple of old threads, wiring diagram, even some tips pn what switches work best.
I used a zx chassis light switch for headlights, marine grade toggles for the grip and thumb warmers, and a push button on/off switch for the rer. Works like a chaqrm and makes the carbon fibre bars look a lot cleaner.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a xp in the shop this past winter that had the coolest set-up for this i've seen so far. It had a pair of swithes mounted on the side of the bar riser. They were toggle switches that had an arming cover over them. For the rer you would flip the switch up then flip the arming cover down which would flip the switch off and hench it'd go into reverse. The second switch was for the kill button. As far as moving the grip warmers off the bars just look at how it was done on an '07 xrs as they had them on a switch down on the console. I'd be tempted to just set the lights to high beam and then eliminate the switch.

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He is a quick no wire cut option. Can be put back to Factory if desired.
I removed the switch assembly from the bars. I mounted the back of the switch group to the riser. 2-3 small screws through the back cover of the switch and pre drilled the holes in the riser. . mount the back plate I could only line it up to get 3 of the 4 assembly screws back in but that is all it needs. I used a filler where the bars would normally go through then run the harness up the riser. reassemble and you have solved all the eronious switch movements and is completly reversable if new buyer decides.. Cheap and effective?

Attachments

• rev bars 004.jpg
    rev bars 004.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 111
Top Bottom