rev 800 oiler

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
hey guys my oiler is messing up and feeding way to much oil to the engine, i cant even get a tank of oil too a tank of gas, and the oiler is sticking open, when i push the oiler back to normal and press the throttle its realy stiff and makes a weird sound like the cable is frayed or pinched, so i was wondering what do you guys think it is? and is there and easy way to get at the oiler? all i can think of is taking the motor out, but i dont realy wanna do that cause im spose to ride this weekend, and sugestions?

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pr just take out airbox ,carbs,and the reeds and shibang it is right there.If it is just the cable then exchange it then.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
im not sure if its the cable though, we are gunna take a good look at is tomrow i think not sure

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe the recoil spring on the oiler is binding,broke..Lucky for you cause if the cable snaps then she seize's for sure

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
summiteer, i hate mixing fuel, did that for years on my old dirtbike, and slut, i hope its the spring

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polarisryder... Sounds like you jumped right from the pot (Polaris) right into the fire (Dooooo). Oh how I wish I could have councled you before you made the jump into the Fire. :d :d LOL!

Hope you get it figured out soon. Oil aint cheap and the season is getting shorter. I'm sure that all the Doo experts will give you all the info you will need to resolve the issue. :beer:

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
we are just getting more snow in the mountains scotty ahha so the season is still aways away till it ends, im sure ill get the problem figured out,

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey there PR.. Did you try and check the cable? It is probably just the cable is frayed, or it is possibly the arm on the oiler might be just bent a little bit so it's catching on something and not letting it move smoothly.. What happens when you pull the oiler back to idle then open it with just pushing on the arm? Does it return properly or does it hang up? If it returns properly when you move the arm manually(not using throttle) then it'll be the cable thats toast.. I beleive that we have throttle cables here in stock for them.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
well i got the ol cable out and what a pain and the azz that was, had to take the carbs off and take the plastics over the engine to get at it, so now can anyone tell me if i got the right p/# 0600885H1 is that correct?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is not the number that you need,.. The proper part number that you are looking for is 512 060 088. i got this number off of brp's website. If you go to brp's website click on related products, under that there is a spot to click on parts, from that you can look most any part for any sled from like 1996 to now.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
thats for the throttle cable you say? and me and brp website dont get aong :confused_pr: and i think its cause they know i rode a poo before my doo

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah thats for the throttle cable.. Pm me your ph number and i give you a call and let you know how to navigate thru it.

Top Bottom