Results from Tune, intake and exhaust!

RazorSVT

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been debating doing the big 3 upgrade to my truck for over a year now and have finally bit the bullet. I went to RipIt Customs out of Sherwood Park to install an H&S Minimax tuner, S&B Intake and 4" Flo Pro dp back straight through exhaust. The truck is a whole other animal now for power, sound and gas mileage (the main reason I did it).

I am running the hot 250hp. Here are the comparisons:

Stock: 350hp Now: 600hp
Stock MPG: City 13 | HWY 17
Now MPG: City 18 | HWY 25
Stock EGT: 1200F
Now EGT: 500F
Also much smoother shifts and all these numbers are also with my Mach ton, sled deck and equipment in the truck. As soon as I left RipIt I drove to Thunder Bay, On for my holidays and it's like a whole new truck. I highly recommend you do this if you have or plan on getting a newer Diesel!! I've also had a lot of comments from people loving the sound so I made a little vid.

Last edited:

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to knock h&s at all but the 600hp might be a bit high, maybe off the motor. I run the spartan in my 6.4 and I love it. Makes it so much more fun to drive and way better on fuel, your doing a bit better on hwy mileage than I am, I average 22ish but I'm runnin 35x12.5's Enjoy your "new" truck

Guest102

Reaction score
big 3 mod? Lol I would hardly consider a chip, tune and exhaust big mods, more like the Little 3 mods

RazorSVT

Reaction score
Not to knock h&s at all but the 600hp might be a bit high, maybe off the motor. I run the spartan in my 6.4 and I love it. Makes it so much more fun to drive and way better on fuel, your doing a bit better on hwy mileage than I am, I average 22ish but I'm runnin 35x12.5's Enjoy your "new" truck
Ya I mean off motor, I havnt been on a dyno. I was close to goin Spartan but I liked being able to change the tune on the fly. :). Thanks, just wish I would have done it sooner! :)
big 3 mod? Lol I would hardly consider a chip, tune and exhaust big mods, more like the Little 3 mods
. Haha, coming for a bone stock truck its "the big 3" for me.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wish I could get those Numbers out of my 06 F350 6.0L.
I'm running the SCT tuner with custom tunes from Matt & tried a set from Eric. With 4" AFE tb exhaust. I havent checked in awhile but my mileage has never been that good.

Last edited:

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice MPG gain but the bigger gain, or loss as it were....is the EGT, cut in half!!!

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice MPG gain but the bigger gain, or loss as it were....is the EGT, cut in half!!!

I think he's missing a 1 or someone moved his pyro. 600HP with only 500F exhaust temp????
Either that or he is comparing cruise numbers and his truck was messed up stock.

RazorSVT

Reaction score
I think he's missing a 1 or someone moved his pyro. 600HP with only 500F exhaust temp????Either that or he is comparing cruise numbers and his truck was messed up stock.
Nope. 5-600f when cruising at 110km/hr. if I punch it it will read 1200 though.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think he's missing a 1 or someone moved his pyro. 600HP with only 500F exhaust temp????
Either that or he is comparing cruise numbers and his truck was messed up stock.

Kinda what I was gettin at....find it odd:confused::)

denseleit

Reaction score
My big 3 is spartan, afe 4" turbo back and S&B. I'm getting about 14ish mpg summer time city with 22mpg hwy. That is the best highway i've gotten yet, but I think I could do a little better, those numbers are on the 210TP with fairly agressive driving. I get about 600ish degrees egt crusing with no load and about 900 with my 14k lb trailer on and over 1200 when pinned for more than a few seconds. BTW, my highway mileage came from driving long distances. I found driving anywhere within say 3hrs away and I would get about 18ish mpg. Any farther than that and the mileage got better. I think most guys are still running stock head bolts and such. Mine head gaskets are now leaking and just waiting on a set of Elite's studs and Egr delete with waste gate. Hopefully getting than put in next week..

Top Bottom