Rer-non rer?

switchbackfst

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. i have a 01 mxz 800 engine. It is non HO and it didnt have rer or dpm. My computer went and the only on that i can find has rer and dpm. Does anyone know what i will need to do to make this work? Thanks alot guys! Hope ya all can help me out.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. i have a 01 mxz 800 engine. It is non HO and it didnt have rer or dpm. My computer went and the only on that i can find has rer and dpm. Does anyone know what i will need to do to make this work? Thanks alot guys! Hope ya all can help me out.

well first ur in the wrong section .....

also if u can do it u will neew the harness , staytor ect for rer , button ect....

also dpm, tubes, wiring, ect... air box temp sensor ect.... might even need carbs that have the holes and hoses for the dpm....

switchbackfst

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry i should be more specific. it is in a rev chassis. will mpem work if i just dont hook up the dpm?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
were are all the parts off the old engine from the rev chasis, as if its an 01 it is not a rev. if your trying to put an 01 engine into a 03 1/2+ cghassis it can and has been done just a bit more tinkering around. not sure on exhaust etc how it will work with the diferent engine either. i would remove all parts from original sled the engine came from and install it all into the rev chassis.

switchbackfst

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
were are all the parts off the old engine from the rev chasis, as if its an 01 it is not a rev. if your trying to put an 01 engine into a 03 1/2+ cghassis it can and has been done just a bit more tinkering around. not sure on exhaust etc how it will work with the diferent engine either. i would remove all parts from original sled the engine came from and install it all into the rev chassis.

Okay its a 04 mxzx 440 It has a a 800 in already. The computer in it was a 440 with a 01 mxz 800 engine. I have now gone thru the engine. I have a 01 ho mpem but seems timing is completely off. I now have a mpem for an 01mxz800 and harness but is rer and dpm. I have a set of dpm carbs in stock if need be but nothing for the rer. Will it work as is or do i need to change stator and flywheel aswell?

Braaap.

Reaction score
Try plugging in the brain you got without worrying about rer/dpm. Plug it in and fire it up. See what happens. What do you mean by you think the timing is off with the other brain? If you dont have the key that was programmed to each brain it will start and idle but is retarded and wont run past somewhere around 3000rpm

Top Bottom