I want to go up this weekend to revy
Thansk

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
age...16+ if you're out by yourself

Shovel, beacon, probe, backpack, extra food/water, first aid kit, tool kit, extra gas, spare belt, spare plugs...and common sense with some avy training...you're good to go!

and never go by yourself...

Bigbragg

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to riding the mountains
And I'm not sure what you need
Is their any rules or requirements needed to ride
Like age , or beacons, probes etc.
Can some one please let me know
I want to go up this weekend to revy
Thansk

If you got your own set of wheels you can ride with us on the 28th of Nov.
We will have a few newbies with us.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you got your own set of wheels you can ride with us on the 28th of Nov.
We will have a few newbies with us.

Thats tempting, is red deer on the way to Revy? I guess it depends which way you go, I still need to buy a probe beacon and shovel. I have the money but should be savin it for other things.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont save the money spend it
shovel probe beacon that you buy might save my life
so buy equipment and learn how to use it

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd look into the Zac's tracks Avalanche course BEFORE YOU GO, this course will save your life and perhaps somone else's. They hold the course all over alberta and BC go here for info. ZacsTracs This course or one like it should be a requirement before anyone goes into the backcountry. Please check it out. The backcountry can be your best friend or your worst nightmare...learn to respect the mountain and the mountain will respect you.

TUCHODI

Reaction score
i am new here but not new to mountains. All of this is great advice and mine is to go out with a good leader and not too big of a group. It is very tempting to try things out from peer pressure and get into trouble. i have seen a novice try a climb that was an expert skill level run and almost died. Not to scare you but realize that your machine will get you into trouble very quickly if you don't build your skill level up and muscles along with it. My advice is to spend a lot of time watching the pros and find a good mentor. going up is easy but sucsessful riders do a lot of planning and practicing on what sometimes looks boring. sorry to go on but i just want to see everyone have fun and not get hurt and then give up on the sport or have a negative effect.

summitrenter

Reaction score
Thats tempting, is red deer on the way to Revy? I guess it depends which way you go, I still need to buy a probe beacon and shovel. I have the money but should be savin it for other things.

No need to buy a probe etc, you can rent kits with probes, shovels, and beacons for around $20 / day. This will save a bit of money for ya!

summitrenter

Reaction score
Don't drink on the hill, wait until you're back at the hotel and pack your garbage out. One person climbing at a time. You may want to consider a snobunjee, you may get stuck often if you're new to the mountains.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't drink on the hill, wait until you're back at the hotel and pack your garbage out. One person climbing at a time. You may want to consider a snobunjee, you may get stuck often if you're new to the mountains.

You dont need to be new to the mountian to get stuck alot. But any the less play safe. Let make this a good year with verry little avys.

Guest101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BUy the gear shovel,probe,beacon and learn how to use it!!!!!!!!! Take an avy course!! Before you go to the mountains!!!!!!!

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BUy the gear shovel,probe,beacon and learn how to use it!!!!!!!!! Take an avy course!! Before you go to the mountains!!!!!!!

Yea bought a probe(rockymountainxtreme), abs pack and an extra canister(4L pack off skibeadoo), spot, gps, beacon(Echo Cycle), shovel, and going to Zactracs AST 1 classroom course in Calgary.

tamsy

Reaction score
Second that!! It is always a good idea to buy your own equipment. Don't rent. Each becon works in a different way so take the time to learn how your becon's search mode works.

Top Bottom