Replacing Speedo side bearing

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi I am replacing the speedo side bearing on the drive shaft and was wondering if anyone knows if u can do it in place without pulling the chain case side. It looks
Like once you pull the clam shells apart their should be room to get a small 3 jaw puller in to grab it Trying to save some time if you don't have to pull the other side too.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let us know how that works please. I am thinking you might be able to get it off but pressing a new one on might be a bit tough. I have never had to replace that bearing myself.

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It actually worked in place. But you will need a small 2 jaw puller and u have to cut the arms just behind the bolt holding the arm in place. This allows u to pull straight. You will also need to grind the hook ends that grabs the bearing to get enough behind bearing. It came off easy and to go back on just support the shaft and use the appropriate sized deep socked and tap on with a brass hammer. The trick is to tap. Not HAMMER the bearing up against the step on the shaft If it wasn't for all the cutting and grinding would have been done and back together in 25 mins. Next time will be quicker. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom