Replacement value insurance

Adam 442

Reaction score
I picked up the Gen4 this weekend and I was looking into my insurance options last week. I'm in SK, so I talked to SGI and Gottoys (oasis). SGI doesn't offer replacement cost on new sleds and oasis does. Unfortunately oasis is quite a bit more expensive. No problem you say, your BCSF membership gets you 25% off right? After an incorrect email and some pone conversations that discount is only available to BC residents. After some further conversations that didn't go all that well, I asked two separate employees to speak with their supervisor or someone that handles their policy changes. The first person flat out told me no and the second one told me to email the generic address and if I didn't hear anything in 2 weeks to call them back. Not real good service when the sled was being picked up the next weekend.

2 questions - does anyone know of other companies that offer replacement value insurance in sk and does anyone have a contact for someone up the ladder from the underwriters at oasis?

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you able to get Intact outvof AB.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you require for liability insurance on a sled in SK? For coverage on the sled itself, check with your house insurance company and see if you can add a rider for its value.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been screwed by oasis for to long and i talked to my co-op broker last year shortly after I insured my t pro through oasis and his rates were 1/2 price. This was just for fire and theft. He also said if u have detailed pictures of what's on your sled it will be very easy to make a claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled insurance prices are so wide range it's unreal. Some do not like anything aftermarket at all especially performance enhancement like turbo. I paid almost $1100 a year for full collision on my old Nytro had it insured for 20k, finally took collision off price drops to like $300 for fire theft liability. For new sled with collision it was as high again as $1200 Ama was half that and was fortunate to get group discount pricing thru work to make it even less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam 442

Reaction score
Thanks guys, hearing that about oasis doesn't surprise me now and i'm not going waste any more time on them. I have my info to co-operators and await their pricing. They have replacement as well.

northof40

Reaction score
Interested to know what you find out. I'm with oasis right now but their premiums seem to be getting crazy and I was going to look into other options

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up the Gen4 this weekend and I was looking into my insurance options last week. I'm in SK, so I talked to SGI and Gottoys (oasis). SGI doesn't offer replacement cost on new sleds and oasis does. Unfortunately oasis is quite a bit more expensive. No problem you say, your BCSF membership gets you 25% off right? After an incorrect email and some pone conversations that discount is only available to BC residents. After some further conversations that didn't go all that well, I asked two separate employees to speak with their supervisor or someone that handles their policy changes. The first person flat out told me no and the second one told me to email the generic address and if I didn't hear anything in 2 weeks to call them back. Not real good service when the sled was being picked up the next weekend.

2 questions - does anyone know of other companies that offer replacement value insurance in sk and does anyone have a contact for someone up the ladder from the underwriters at oasis?
I use beacon in bc. The more toys I out on it the lower the price per unit is. I had a sled stolden and the rcmp stumbled upon and it was returned with the tether/key missing. I was surprised when they paid for that and ICBC paid for the locks that were cut as well as the impound fee. I had the insurance company agency phone beacon to assure me I was eligible for the new replacement within the 2 year window of purchase date before the rcmp found it and it was confirmed that it would. Never went through the process though.

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oasis is actually good insurance but its not cheap tho... sounds like the broker was not trying very hard to help you. I know oasis or (Got Toys ) is fairly hard to deal with even as a broker but still we do many policies through oasis without issues so sounds to me like the broker you went to just isnt trying very hard. i have dealt with a few claims through them aswell and as long as you have the sled plated when the damage happens they will always pay out in full but i would only insure with them until rep cost is up
then i would just add it to your sgi auto pak so its a bit cheaper but through sgi but then is on actual cash value (acv)

i also have a g4 ordered so i added it up and with replacment cost for 2 years at a value of $17,500 and 1 mill liability it will be $781 per/yr
that is also with no member discount ....hope this helps

and i guess i could even break it down for you

$656 is the rate for the $17500 coverage
$40 for the first unit any additional units will be only $20
$40 for the 1 Mill liability
$45 for Rep Cost
-------
$781

and any broker that sells this policy in sask should have the same rate book as we do

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had to use Oasis on a fully insured sled that was nearly new (50km odo), stolen, damaged, and recovered by police. They did replace it, but I was still out insurance premium for the year and deductible. I'm not insuring the replacement sled.

Adam 442

Reaction score
That's the same quote I received as well. Unfortunately it looks like co-operators does not offer true replacement cost either and their premium would be $691. SGI is far cheaper than that for the same coverage.

I'm really torn here. I would like replacement insurance, but don't feel like paying $800 for it when my diesel truck was cheaper and worth five times as much (yes I know claims history for sleds is why).

I wasn't having the issues with a broker, I was with an underwriter and another gottoys staff member.

Top Bottom