Replacement Fluids......

TommyTongue

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked hundreds of times before but I can seem to find any threads....

I am about to do spring fluid change on rzr...

My question is ........ Are polaris fluids that special you have to continue to use them. or can you replace them with "normal" fluids you can buy from anywhere and save a few buks......... If so what do people recommend for..
front diff
rear diff
transfere box
engine oil.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are equivalents, but i have found there wasn't alot of price difference, to buy an off brand. Motor oil was pricey, And if you can find a change kit on sale, the price was not that bad,

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would use Polaris front diff oil for sure. So your 4x4 don't go wonky. If your still on warranty I would stick with Polaris oils though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Diff fluids I use whatever but when using engine oil make sure it is for motorcyles/atv of just make sure is doesn't have any detergents in it.....oh and watch where you dump your oil BWAHAHAHA

TommyTongue

Reaction score
Diff fluids I use whatever but when using engine oil make sure it is for motorcyles/atv of just make sure is doesn't have any detergents in it.....oh and watch where you dump your oil BWAHAHAHA

Hey I learned from that mistake !!!!!!!!!.......... I know got a plastic oil pan... much better than pizza boxes! lol as much as you think pizza grease is heavier than motor oil....IT AINT!

TommyTongue

Reaction score
As for polaris fluids.....

after some research it would appear that the front diffs are sent to polaris from the factory with mobil 424 oil in it. Polaris replace it with oil that is shipped in in barrels label Jon Deer. after some research on this Jon Deer oil is a cheaper version of the mobil 424.
Amsoil direct replacement for this is there ams oil ATF.....

As for the tranny and gearbox I have not been able to find out anything there is much debate out there.

as for rear diff and engine oil again looks like it boils down to personal prefference, riding style and terrain as to the recommended make and weight. I have used a direct replaement for the polaris. But can't remember off hand what it is.

Incidentally the ams oil is not much cheaper but I belive from my research a better product. But not that i'm experience or really known. Just research from internet!

So in short I replaced front with the Ams oil ...

engine oil 5w 40 I think... and rear what ever it was something like a 70 - 90 or something. As for the tranny /gearbox. I will be using polaris make until I can find a recommeneded direct replacement.

And yes Papajake if I drank half as much just on 1 night of the jamboree I could replace my fluids for a number of years! lol

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good thing you realized that all that drinking makes you put in cheap oils, that is why i guit drinking so i can afford all that expensive polaris oil. now i have to quit driving it so hard so i don't have to replace engine and axles again. are we going to see you at the jamboree so i can buy you a couple of drinks.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good thing you realized that all that drinking makes you put in cheap oils, that is why i guit drinking so i can afford all that expensive polaris oil. now i have to quit driving it so hard so i don't have to replace engine and axles again. are we going to see you at the jamboree so i can buy you a couple of drinks.

So this is whats wrong the Polaris guys... :) :doolaide:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TommyTongue

Reaction score
So this is whats wrong the Polaris guys... :) :doolaide:

I don't use cheap fluid just don't like beig held to ransom.....

Yaws Papajake will be there again this yr...with even more mods!......

Homemade to save pennies! lol..... I should buy oem and homebrew. would be a better choice! pmsl

Top Bottom