renting sleds

timebandit

Reaction score
looking to come to bc and hit some snow. I hope you don't mind a crosspost. I posted in introduce yourself also. experienced riders for ontario I would say. not trails at all, all ditchbanging and mostly riding hard. would like to fly in rent and ride for a few days and fly home. any help or recomendations would be appreciated. thanks.

Pat.

timebandit

Reaction score
anywhere there is lots of snow and rentals available. in the planning stages right now, looking at mid to late jan. I will go anywhere. thanks for replying. Pat.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once you decide then it's easy to tell ya where to rent lots of awesome riding out here

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fly to calgary drive 3.5 hours to golden they have it all

just google rentals in golden stay at the rim or sprotsman lodge for simp[le and good accomadations,,,,

or fly to calgary drive 4.5 hours to Revy they also have it all and then some,, maybe a bit busier and more nightlife..... could stay at glacier house resort and, rent and ride from your doorstep...

probably 2 best options

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
or you could fly to Calgary and drive 3 hours to Fernie. Rentals, great groomed trails with lots of tree riding, and for after hours, lots of cool pubs with Ski bunnies!:xmas2004_15:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
revi is revelstoke mtn. and golden is golden mtn? any names of rental spots?

revelstoke is a town with lots of mountains so to speak and a ski hill

Golden is a town with mountains as well and a ski hill

Fernie is a town with mountains and a ski hill

In revelstoke you can stay at Glacier house resort rent from them and stay with them and drive the snowmobile from your doorstep

otherwise most locations will require you stay in town and drive the truck with sleds 10-30 minutes then park un load and sled

so revy is easy as you wont have a truck and most rentals dont have hitches

just google search and many options will come up exmaple Revelstoke sled rentals,, make a short list and we can give you our thoughts,,

all 3 are great places, and would be my choice

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
or fly to Kelowna and only drive 2 hours to revy!!

thats an idea too,, does Toronto have lots of direct flights?? otherwise stop in calgary anyways so either way not easy

and a trip like this be approx

flight $650
sled 3 days $1000
fuel oil $200
truck $300
fuel $300
accom $400
food $400
passes $60

thats over 3K to come sleding wow well I guess a bit less if split truck/fuel lol,, maybe fly to colorado and visit burandt,,, thast what I would do instead be less money and you get a guide,, or fly to vancouver and hook up with Chris Brown in Whistler or Pemby maybe that be better

ya look into whistler for sure lol,, I never get to go too far to drive,,,,,

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats an idea too,, does Toronto have lots of direct flights?? otherwise stop in calgary anyways so either way not easy

and a trip like this be approx

flight $650
sled 3 days $1000
fuel oil $200
truck $300
fuel $300
accom $400
food $400
passes $60

thats over 3K to come sleding wow well I guess a bit less if split truck/fuel lol,, maybe fly to colorado and visit burandt,,, thast what I would do instead be less money and you get a guide,, or fly to vancouver and hook up with Chris Brown in Whistler or Pemby maybe that be better

ya look into whistler for sure lol,, I never get to go too far to drive,,,,,

LOL, yeah i'm thinkin that as well ouch :/ BUT WELL worth the chedda NOOOOO DOUBT

Top Bottom