Renshaw??

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info my wife and i will be leaving friday to drive down their. the little camp ground your talking about is it on the right hand side of the road comming into town . we will probley give you a call when we get their we can get together and go for a ride. we will be driving steel blue crue cab gmc diesel with a salem le camper and 700 arcticat burnt orange quad. thanks jason

The campsite is about 1km up the holmes river road, can't miss it, nice spot. Not visible from the highway.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Hi Taz!!!

You can park and camp at any one of the sledding staging areas and go from there as long as you don't mind rustic.

There is a very nice campsite (free) on the Holmes River Road just outside of town. The campsite is really pretty and right beside the river. No power though but BC Forestry keeps it clean and supplies firewood. Only about 10 sites there. You can ride from the campsite all the way up the Holmes River Road about 60km or so. There's grizzlies and moose to see way up there. Bbtoys is out of town until Wednesday but will be home for the long weekend. Give is a call (250) 569-0226 or stop by the house 670 Dominion Street (behind hospital). There is TONS of really nice quadding here. If you can't find a campsite, you could always pull into our yard.

Judy

Hey Guys !!!

I just found out that they are logging up the Holmes River Road, so you may not want to quad there. Those trucks don't care who they run over - they have the right of way, so BE CAREFUL. Still lots of places to go: Dore River Road South, North, Middle; Renshaw, Cottonwood (Castle) Creek, Johnson's Pit, etc.

hobiretired

Reaction score
hey jude!,,

Wonder about the small river? We have stopped at the paved parking lot before when we went up to the SRC. That is a beautiful run, and this time we will have all the tools we need to repair any bridges that are out. The last time we were up there, one of the bridges had a terrible slant to it, and we did not fix it..bad. Now we are prepared. We will also do the renshaw and Dore River that is beautiful country!

Warren

taz 1000

Reaction score
Hey Guys !!!

I just found out that they are logging up the Holmes River Road, so you may not want to quad there. Those trucks don't care who they run over - they have the right of way, so BE CAREFUL. Still lots of places to go: Dore River Road South, North, Middle; Renshaw, Cottonwood (Castle) Creek, Johnson's Pit, etc.

Thanks for the info camping out at renshaw come up on saturday for a ride.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey jude!,,

Wonder about the small river? We have stopped at the paved parking lot before when we went up to the SRC. That is a beautiful run, and this time we will have all the tools we need to repair any bridges that are out. The last time we were up there, one of the bridges had a terrible slant to it, and we did not fix it..bad. Now we are prepared. We will also do the renshaw and Dore River that is beautiful country!

Warren

Are you refering to Small River, north of Tete Jaune and before Horsey creek? If so, let it be know that last I heard it is still good for summer use, but closed to sleds in the winter as it is used for dog sleds. They have the user rights in winter time. If someone knows otherwise please correct me.

Kruiser

Reaction score
Re: Valemount area

Depsnolver/Curtis, is the bridge fixed at 18 KM (recent wash out) on the kinbasket Canoe west FSR? Wanting to head up to Buster to do some hiking.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey jude!,,

Warren
ah, I see you are signed up here! disregard my last email...lol. it was good to meet you folks on the long weekend......here you are! :d

pictures120Small.jpg

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got off phone with some guys that were up to 27 today. SNOW on the ground the last 5 k in.

Top Bottom